OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Clay Townsend Strikers

Started by gdc23, April 21, 2022, 05:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdc23

Just ordered a few beauties from Clay, cant wait for them to arrive. Any opinions on what surfaces Snakewood plays best on.

Thank you
gdc

ChesterCopperpot

Snakewood plays anything but it flat eats the harder surfaces: glass, any of the metals, ceramic. Want to lay some rasp to something, throw a snake at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spurs2bgobblin

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on April 21, 2022, 05:20:45 PM
Snakewood plays anything but it flat eats the harder surfaces: glass, any of the metals, ceramic. Want to lay some rasp to something, throw a snake at it.

x2

"In the South it's an understanding. To a turkey hunter, it's a life not subject to change. They know it's crazy. But to them, to us, it's worth it."

Greg Massey

X3 ... His snake on ceramic is a screamer of rasp ... I just got Bloodwood and AppleJack from him, the Bloodwood is awesome on glass with a lower tone and the AppleJack is good on anything...

3bailey3

should have let him build you one of his calls to go with those strikers..

PEte_A

Clay's snakewood and dymondwood are 2 of my fav 3 strikers.

Wvgobbler

Clay's Snakewood will run any surface you put it on... And it runs it like a dream... His strikers are top notch just like Bill Lyman's.

gdc23

They just arrived tried them on a few surfaces, very easy playing and sound great. Think Im really going to like these. Everybody best of luck on your season, stay safe.

shatcher

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 21, 2022, 06:19:07 PM
X3 ... His snake on ceramic is a screamer of rasp ... I just got Bloodwood and AppleJack from him, the Bloodwood is awesome on glass with a lower tone and the AppleJack is good on anything...

Greg - What is his AppleJack like?  Thanks

Greg Massey

Quote from: shatcher on April 25, 2022, 02:21:37 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on April 21, 2022, 06:19:07 PM

Greg - What is his AppleJack like?  Thanks
It's a fine striker and it's a beautiful red and black stripped striker ... plays great on glass etc