OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Photo sizing  (Read 927 times)

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
Photo sizing
« on: April 29, 2022, 04:49:07 PM »
Guys,

I am thrilled to see you guys posting pictures of sleeping gobblers. There is one thing that I ask though. Make sure that you resize the width of your photos to 480 points, regardless of whether it is portrait or landscape before posting. Verify that your aspect ratio is locked so that any change in width is equally matched in the height. You can then insert it into a document post and the entire image will appear in full width of the page and not over running it requiring that we scroll right and down to see your beautiful and happy faces.

If you need any help with this, let me know in a PM.

Thanks. Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline Ridge Rooster

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Photo sizing
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2023, 08:47:34 AM »
Just learned how to post pictures on a different forum but having trouble here? Says photo is to large so how do I resize?

Thanks

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 11:55:15 AM »
Just learned how to post pictures on a different forum but having trouble here? Says photo is to large so how do I resize?

Thanks

Ridge Rooster
Are you using a computer a cell phone or Apple I might be of assistance on the first two but I ain't know nothing about Apple products. Oh if you are using a PC what version of Windows are you using? That can make a difference.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline silvestris

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2023, 07:42:50 PM »
If you can’t properly size your photo, you probably should not post it.  An unsized photo is ugggggr, I refuse to scroll a thread not properly sized, I just move to the next interesting thread.
“[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer.”  Ken Morgan, “Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2023, 07:48:34 PM »
If you can’t properly size your photo, you probably should not post it.  An unsized photo is ugggggr, I refuse to scroll a thread not properly sized, I just move to the next interesting thread.
I know bud, that is one of the reasons I try to help so many people. That and I just enjoy helping people.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."