OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stevens 301 .410 issue.

Started by WPA Bowhunter, April 28, 2022, 04:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

No issues w/301 and a Sig Romeo on it. Only shot #9's pheasant loads so far, I don't foresee any issues with the tss in the future. It's a shooter so far.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

joey46

Have a Sig Romeo 5 on mine.  It has the high mount so it looks kinda goofy but seems to work.  It has taken 3 birds to date (all within 30 yards max).  I double checked the zero yesterday and thought it was a little lower than I remembered.  I turned it up and ran out of adjustment but it had just enough to bring it up to zero.  Interesting problem.   I would be just as happy to replace the red dot with some decent sights.  Have been threads on this before but I don't remember the open sights recommended by some. 

tracker#1

I didn't want to spend a fortune on a cheap gun so I went with a Bushnell TR-25 red dot, but then because of the elevation higher I raised the comb up... no problems

Bigfootwolff

I've got the factory Red Dot that came with the 301 and I have had no problems with it.  It hasn't come loose (blue loctite on mount screws and it holds point of aim.  It is definitely more "old school," is bigger than most newer red dot sights, but as long as it works, it is hard for me to want to drop $100-$250 on a new sight.  If I ever decide to shoot TSS in my 20 gauge. I might consider it, especially if I had available shots at 50 yards.  I currently shoot straight bead on my 20  gauge gun, but beyond 40 yards an optical sight of some type would be needed, particularly with my aging eyes.