OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Trough calls  (Read 1297 times)

Offline btodd00

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
Trough calls
« on: April 27, 2022, 10:33:37 PM »
Looking to pick up a new custom trough call, anybody have any recommendations? The only ones I have/had are black slate, are there any other surfaces I should look into? I’ve seen some red slate one over the years that looked mighty fine

Offline mastevt

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Find me on face book, Scott's Custom Turkey Calls
Re: Trough calls
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 10:38:04 PM »
I have Cocobola and Cherry available.  I'm out of the Green Slate Cherry Troughs.  But have Red and Black in Cherry, and all 3 in Cocobola.

https://youtu.be/q2VwYPE4q_g

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 11:47:16 PM »
Trough Call Cedar With Green Slate made by Nathan Taylor of Higher Calling Custom Turkey Calls by shown with a Glenda Green trough call case, like the way Glenda designed it to carry the striker right along side it. A little story about Nathan, I met him August 2019 at the Northeast Call Makers Summit and he was selling these calls and others, I walked up to him and told him I did not have the money to get the call but I would like to know how you play them as I had never seen one before. A lot of times when I have told people that I did not have the money but I was interested in something they would either blow me off or tell me to come back when I had the money, Nathan did not do that, he took the time to talk with me and show me a couple of ways to run the call and was very friendly about it the entire time. That is why I chose to buy my first trough call from him, I liked him and liked the way he treated a customer that he knew was not going to buy from him at that time. He got my respect. I really like the call by the way, very easy to play.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline rong

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2022, 10:51:09 AM »
Want something different? Check out Knock Out calls by Kyle Osborn. Different calling surfaces and all turkey?

Offline ol bob

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 01:23:35 PM »
TY calls, want win any beauty contest, but as good a sounding call as I've ever heard, and I've played a few.

Offline btodd00

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2022, 07:34:32 AM »
thanks for all the replies and PM's, I have not made a decision yet but have had a lot of feedback. I did not know there were that many people out there making trough calls and quite a few at good prices, im sure I will end up with several more when it is all said and done