OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: new Mossberg SA 20 questions....  (Read 1499 times)

Offline sswv

• The Boss Gobbler
new Mossberg SA 20 questions....
« on: April 27, 2022, 06:34:29 PM »
hello all.   good friend of mine just dumped the 835 and is going tomorrow to pick up a new Mossberg SA 20 turkey gun. I'm curious of what size turkey choke comes with the gun and, what threads in case he wants to try different chokes. he plans on shooting lead #5 & #6.

thanks in advance

Offline Old Timer

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: new Mossberg SA 20 questions....
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 09:37:31 PM »
I believe it's a .575 or close to it. Not a bad factory choke. It will take Mobil chokes.

Offline sswv

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2022, 01:12:25 PM »
thank you Sir for the reply.  I figured as popular as they are more people would know about them.  anyway, I'll pass on the info.

Offline TrackeySauresRex

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2022, 01:37:07 PM »
hello all.   good friend of mine just dumped the 835 and is going tomorrow to pick up a new Mossberg SA 20 turkey gun. I'm curious of what size turkey choke comes with the gun.

thanks in advance

He’s going to miss getting kicked by that piZZed off mule.  :funnyturkey:

I retired my 835 a few years back and went to the MB 500 20ga. Best move I ever made. I shoot a Trulock choke rated for Hevi 7’s. It does well.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 02:25:52 PM by TrackeySauresRex »
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Offline FL-Boss

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 01:42:12 PM »
Carlson .575 or .565 no ported extended always run great on the Turkish guns. Or... save the money on the new choke... keep the factory choke and spend that money on a box of TSS and get 5x better pattern...

Offline squirrel_hunter

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2022, 02:16:31 PM »
I have a mossberg SA 20ga turkey gun.  I am shooting longbeard xr choke .568 and xr 5 shot or was shooting it. I bought some of the federal 3 inch 9 shot TSS  with Carlson tss choke.  I just bought a patternmaster anaconda turkey choke. 570. Going to try it in my wife's tristar raptor 20ga youth model.  She is shooting longbeard xr 5 shot. She also has been using longbeard xr choke. Never pattern the factory turkey choke. But if u want a choke shoots better than the factory choke.  But dont cost alot. The primos tight wad choke.