OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Franchi Affinity Turkey patterns  (Read 2311 times)

Offline twyatt

• The Boss Gobbler
Franchi Affinity Turkey patterns
« on: April 27, 2022, 04:47:25 PM »
Finally had the chance to put a few rounds through my new Franchi Affinity Turkey.   I tried a TruLock ported .585, and the factory x-full (.593).   The factory put up some good numbers overall, but wasn't quite as consistent as the TruLock.
Honestly, even with a red dot, these patterns for me personally are too tight, but I'm not sure what to try next since 585 and 593 are about as open of a turkey choke as you can typically find.   The 20 yard pattern is scary tight.   90% of my shots are inside 25-30 yards.   I'd love to see something closer to 250/250 and not as hot of a core.
All shots were with Apex 9's.

20yds with the TruLock

Offline Gmed

Re: Franchi Affinity Turkey patterns
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 05:57:36 PM »
Try a round thru the factory full and see what you get. It’s probably right at .600 if my memory is correct…..

Offline twyatt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 06:04:27 PM »
This gun only comes with the 2 turkey chokes, so I don’t have any others to try

Offline Gmed

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2022, 09:08:48 PM »
Correct….I was just saying that’s probably your next step if you want to open the pattern more. You can find the factory full flush fit chokes for $20

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284223105968?hash=item422d046bb0:g:5UoAAOSwpB9gUh4C

Offline twyatt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 06:43:22 AM »
Can you shoot TSS through those?

Offline Gmed

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2022, 09:03:59 AM »
You should be good. Poll the other forum members or call Benelli customer service. They don’t recommend steel in the full choke or improved modified, but I know people who shoot TSS thru regular fixed full choke guns without issue.

Offline twyatt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2022, 11:27:45 AM »
Just spoke to Benelli/Franchi.  TSS is fine with their factory chokes.  I ordered an extended modified to try, which is a .600.     In their extended chokes, full is a 590, IM Mod is 595, and modified is 600. 
I tried the 585 and 593 already, so the 600 should help, I hope.   Will post results once I get it.  To not confuse anyone else, their flush chokes are different constrictions for F, M, and IC than the "extended" chokes for some reason.

Offline Ranman

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2022, 03:01:34 PM »
I think the factory xfull pattern looks awesome. It would would be my choice.
Randy

Offline mountainhunter1

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2022, 11:51:41 AM »
The good news is that you have a really good shooting gun, the bad news in your case is that the current set up is a bit too tight for mostly 25 yard shots. Under duress with a Tom in your face and you will miss some birds at some point with your current  pattern.

I bet the .600 factory choke will come real close to that 250/250 you are desiring, and I agree that would be a real good hunting pattern for anyone inside of 40 yards. But I only chime in to say this, if the other factory you have ordered does not work, you might could try the anaconda striker in .570 from Patternmaster, which has gas over constriction. In three guns we have shot it in, that set up runs between 245-285 in the ten, and then usually around 230 or there about in the twenty. I think that the choke you just ordered is going to do the trick, but if not, That choke I refer to is only $59.00 from Patternmaster.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13