Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

" Seventy time Seven.."......05/12/11 Devotional

Started by pappy, June 12, 2011, 10:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

My father was abusive, I remember the horror of living at home, but I have forgiven him, my past is past, my future is yet to be; and it is how I live now that will determine it. There are many who are stuck in the rut of unforgiveness and I as a believer, do not want to wallow around in the muck or be tossed about by the waves of begrudges, so I go to the Bible for proof of surviving the war against Unforgiveness.
Matthew 18 : 21- 35.....Jesus' instructions about Forgiveness. There are a few verses that I would like to bring to the surface, 21..." Then came Peter to Him and said, how oft shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee seven times; but, Until seventy times seven."
Peter was a man for the masses...he seemed to find his way into trouble without any trouble in doing so and he was as inquisitive as a child, he knew the only way to learn the answer was to ask the question. Jesus had the answer.
How many times should I forgive the guy that hurt me? How many times should I forgive the spouse that was unfaithful? How many times should I forgive someone who caused me to stumble as a believer? I could go on and on, asking you the question, but in reality Jesus already gave me the answer and ALL I have to do is do it......FORGIVE
The rest is a parable about a land owner and his dealing with one of his servants that owed him, how he forgave him his debt in full because of his compassionate pleas. Only to find out that the servant he had forgiven his debt, took out his anger on one of his fellowservants that owed him and cast him into jail instead of following in his lord's footsteps of forgiveness. In the end the servant was cast himself, into prison....and the parable was capped with the words of Jesus, " So likewise, shall my heavenly father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their tresspasses."
I have learned, that forgetting will not take place here on earth, as we live in the flesh, and that forgiving isn't alwasy going to be easy, but at least we can forgive.....the best way to approach it is through prayer, reminded by Jesus' words in Mark... "And when you stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your father also which is in heaven may forgive your your tresspasses. But, if ye do not forgive, neither will your father which is in heaven forgive your tresspasses."
My oldest brother molested me as a child, he has problems, I have never forgotten that, but I have long since forgiven him. Living in horror everyday as a child was devistating and I knew from my earliest recollection that I was NEVER going to be like THEM who hurt me, and I praise God for every day I have the opportunity to prove my faith by being obedient to His word and following in His foosteps ... and forgiveness is never farther away then a prayer.....God Bless, Pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

BOFF

Thank you Jack!!

That's a tough one at times to forgive, but it's a necessity to become the men and women God wants us to be.

God Bless,
David B.

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

lightsoutcalls

Thanks for sharing... it's a difficult thing to open up about.  The healing begins when we release those who have hurt us and turn to the healer.  If you have a chance, check out the song below by Chris August.  It seems to work well with the message.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtX0cBejwBc

Lyrics:

I've been living in this house here
Since the day that I was born
These walls have seen me happy
But most of all they've seen me torn
They have heard the screaming matches
That made a family fall apart
They've had a front row seat for the breaking of my heart

(Chorus)
Seven times seventy times
I'll do what it takes to make it right
I thought the pain was here to stay
But forgiveness made a way
Seven times seventy times
There's healing in the air tonight
I'm reaching up to pull it down
Gonna wrap it all around

I remember running down the hallway playing hide and seek
I didn't know that I was searching for someone to notice me
I felt alone and undiscovered
And old enough to understand
Just when I'm supposed to be learning to love
You let me down again

Chorus

I lost count of the ways you let me down
But no matter how many times you weren't around
I'm alright now...cause
God picked up my heart and helped me through
And shined light on the one thing left to do
And that's forgive you, I forgive you

Chorus

I've been living in this house here since the day that I was born
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

pappy

Wendell, that is so right on .... thanks so much for those encouraging words and the song is great...Jack
tel...573-380-8206

Roostem33

Thanks Jack, forgiveness has been a hard one for me in the past as I too had a rough childhood. It took me a long time to forgive my Dad for some of his terrible acts of anger against me.

Thanks so much,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

turkey slayer

pappy

Being forgiven by God is a perfect example of how we are to live while on this world. If my Jesus could utter these words" forgive them Father for they know not what they do." while hanging on the cross...then surely we can learn to forgive such minor things in life we have faced.
tel...573-380-8206