OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Wife got it done this morning  (Read 828 times)

Offline Kygobblergetter

Wife got it done this morning
« on: April 26, 2022, 01:08:12 PM »
My wife got her first bird of the year today. After killing my first Kentucky bird I’ve been holding on to my second tag and hunting with my wife and friends. She’s killed several birds over the years but we’ve struggled a little bit this year with some close calls. This morning we decided to hunt behind my parents house. It’s only about 60 acres and birds are rarely roosted on the property. As we were walking through the pasture I heard a bird gobble that I was pretty sure had to be on the property. We stopped to listen and after a couple minutes he gobbled again and was definitely on the property. He was roosted over the hill on the right side of a little finger with a path running down the middle of it. We moved past him and got on the left side of the finger and began working our way down the finger. The plan was to get even with the bird before setting up so we could be in range of the fence line where I figured he would likely come up the hill. We had great cover in a bunch of cedars to make our move so I felt comfortable slipping in tight. We were almost to the tree where I wanted to sit when we heard the bird pitch out and actually caught a glimpse of him sailing straight at us. He hit the ground below the hill and we just immediately sat down not even on a tree. As soon as we sat down I gave a few very soft yelps and he immediately hammered back. I knew that was all it would take. Not even a full minute went by and I could see his big white head coming up over the hill. Once he got up to where I could see his beard I asked my wife if she could see him and she said yes. He stopped to look around and she let him have it. A very quick but very fun hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BBR12

Re: Wife got it done this morning
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 02:11:58 PM »
Congratulations! 

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 03:19:57 PM »
Congratulations to her! So much fun calling them up for friends and family!

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2022, 04:13:26 PM »
Thats really cool. Congrats to you both

Offline xarcher

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2022, 03:47:07 PM »
That's cool.  I've been blessed with a wife that likes to turkey hunt at well. 

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Offline 3seasons

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2022, 11:20:54 AM »
Man that’s awesome congrats to her and you!

Online Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2022, 07:51:37 AM »
Way to go, congrats
“Solo hunter”