OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Score with No Score  (Read 797 times)

Offline TKE921

Score with No Score
« on: April 26, 2022, 09:36:39 AM »
Well...  I finally connected on a bird Sunday morning @ 640am.  I will add to this post and type a little of the story later.  The end of the story, the part that matters for us anyway, goes like this. My hunting buddy forgot I do this forum competition so my bird was disassembled before I got to take the necessary pictures and measurements.  He was apparently very excited to have fresh turkey and morels for lunch.

Oh well....I still have a total of 4 weeks left to hunt in VA and WV.  :funnyturkey:

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
Re: Score with No Score
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 03:16:46 PM »
Did you have fun? Fuhgeddabotit. Go get a bigger one.

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline TKE921

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 10:17:07 AM »
The short version of the story is I had 2 birds screaming and coming in to me 90 degrees from each other.  One bird was over a hill so I couldn't see him and the other was slightly farther away, through some thick stuff.  I decided the hill bird was closer so I turned his direction and let out a few calls and hoped he made an appearance before the bird to my side busted me big time.  It worked out well and was definitely a fun hunt.   All in all this has been the slowest season for me in a decade.  Very little gobbling and most of what I have heard so far has been far away.

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 02:17:01 PM »
Room for a bigger bird on the board bro, no worries. I was very eager to the fryer when I was a young man as well, lol.  :drool: