Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Finish Strong!!

Started by Spellnj3, April 25, 2022, 08:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spellnj3

Cmon guys, only a few/couple weeks left.  Lets finish strong and make a great run for a first year team!!!  Let's go!!!!
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

notsure

No luck during Season B in MN. Fifth coldest April on record combined with bad luck equates to no dead gobbler. However, all is not lost! I get to hunt again starting on May 11th.  Usually, late season hunts are tough, but with this year's weather, maybe I'll catch a break for a change. Fingers crossed.

Spellnj3

Quote from: notsure on April 27, 2022, 06:35:05 PM
No luck during Season B in MN. Fifth coldest April on record combined with bad luck equates to no dead gobbler. However, all is not lost! I get to hunt again starting on May 11th.  Usually, late season hunts are tough, but with this year's weather, maybe I'll catch a break for a change. Fingers crossed.

Good luck, go get um!!

JeffC

Thanks for the update, woke up this morning to wind chills in the 30's, supposed to be back in the 70's by the weekend, going back to where is was on Monday, hoping they do the same thing, good luck.

VA Gobble Addict

Pics coming. He's not big but he's points

JeffC

Way to get it done VA GA, so we have 3 birds pending!!

HillclimberWV

Had an opurtunity at a big bird this morning but a herd of cows decided to get between me and him.

lacire

Quote from: HillclimberWV on April 28, 2022, 05:13:50 PM
Had an opurtunity at a big bird this morning but a herd of cows decided to get between me and him.

I've never had cows get in the way but I've had horses. At first light we had turkeys on the ground in front of us when two horses ran between my gun and the turkeys. Then to top it off they both turned and stared right at me with a "I dare you look". I couldn't believe it when one then walked over and started kicking a metal corral as hard as it could, it sounded like a gigantic alarm bell going off as if he was trying to warn his turkey buddies to get outta there.  :TooFunny:

lacire

JeffC

Heard at least 3 Toms on Monday, deep into private. Heading out again tomorrow, with rain gear, calling for windy rainy nasty day, will head to different area with fields.

lacire

It doesn't sound like bad weather is going to keep you in. Good luck Jeff.

notsure

83F predicted for my second "opening day"! What a difference a few weeks makes!

austinc

Right now it's supposed to be 55, clear blue skies and no wind at daylight. High 80, and only 5-10 mph winds all day. Should be a beautiful last Saturday here! Hopefully I can find a bird. We're only allowed 1 per wma, but 2 statewide, so I've got to go to a new area now.

VA Gobble Addict

Good luck everyone! Season is about done for me here in VA. Luckily I traveled west this year and was able to contribute. May travel west again next year and try to get a Rio.  Gonna try to find a trespass fee hunt for that one.

Spellnj3

This morning was out last hunt for the season of 2022.   Great year for us, we shot 7 birds.  3 Longbeard and 4 jakes.   For the first time all 4 of my kids harvested a bird.   Very happy!!