turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My new affinity 3 comp

Started by fadetoblack188, August 20, 2022, 06:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fadetoblack188

Ok I ordered a affinity 3 compact a year and a half ago and it finally came today.  Couple things. 

I don't love how it took a lot of maneuvering to get the handgaurd to sit right in the receiver.

Also it's black all it comes in, should I hydro dip it bottomland or leave it black!!?

What chokes are you guys getting the best pattern with?

And last I am going to mount a Burris fast fire 3.  The marlin mount is best right?

Ranman

Congrats on a new shotgun. There are a variety of chokes that will work. Depends on what ammo you plan to shoot. Sumtoy, Carlson's, and Trulock all have performed well in the Affinity. You just have to give them a try to see which one your gun likes. I wouldn't rule out the factory full choke. I would get a Sumtoy mount for the FF3, but Marlin would also work. Leaving black or dipping is personal preference. I hunted with a black shotgun for many years, and the turkeys and ducks on the receiving end never knew what hit them .. Good luck and keep us posted. I shoot #9 TSS handloads through a Carlson's .575 in mine.

fadetoblack188

I ordered the Burris marlin mount.

Also orders a trulock .585 .. looked pretty popular on here on the search bar.

I plan on trying Apex 9s tss. If I can get my hands on a box

Glades

I just bought a 20ga FA3 compact. It took 3 days to get to my FFL. Why did it take you 1.5 years to get?

Also, I got the sumtoy mount, FF3 (now that they are $155), trulock .575 (found on Mwgw for $25) and apex #9.

I am a big fan of cerakote. Hydrodip always gets too banged up to me too quick and it costs about the same.

fadetoblack188

Where did you find for 155? I am only seeing $220

Glades

There are several big retailers on ebay that sell new (non-refurbished) units. Make sure you look at listings from sellers with 10,000+ reviews.
I ordered one from Vergona Outdoors this week for $159.99 ($171.19 w/tax+ship).

Bamaslayer757

I went with an old school hydro dip with distressed cerakote and it turned out amazing.

how to check monitor size

I have the Burris ff3 with a sumtoy mount. Also, I used a Trulock .585 as I wanted a more open pattern though let's just say it can reach out there.

Tom007

That looks fantastic, congrats!
"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

Very nice, i really like my Affinity 3 Elite model....

willy9889

I have had a 20 ga elite on order for more than a year and a half..........
Get your  together people

Greg Massey

Quote from: willy9889 on August 31, 2022, 08:09:25 PM
I have had a 20 ga elite on order for more than a year and a half..........
Get your  together people
They are hard to find , i drove just about 3 hours round trip to get the one i have from a gun store ....

Roost 1

Buds Guns has them and will ship.

Matt76cmich

Quote from: Bamaslayer757 on August 31, 2022, 01:20:38 AM
I went with an old school hydro dip with distressed cerakote and it turned out amazing.

how to check monitor size

I have the Burris ff3 with a sumtoy mount. Also, I used a Trulock .585 as I wanted a more open pattern though let's just say it can reach out there.
Man that looks good. I sent mine out to Ethridge about a month ago for close to same as you, but they don't have the distressed option yet for cerakote.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk