Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

First hand user experience with 12ga Kicks Gobbling Thunder chokes

Started by DMTJAGER, April 23, 2022, 06:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMTJAGER

Looking to improve my patterns with my 12ga 3.5" 870 ESM and Benelli SN and would greatly appreciate anyone who has used or is using Kicks Gobbling Thunder .670" chokes what were their results shooting 12ga 3.5" WLBXR 2oz #5 shot shells.

the Ward

I have shot 3" WLB out of a Kicks .665 in a Benelli, and it put up good patterns. I think
the kicks chokes are known to shoot winchester ammo pretty well from what i have heard and read.
They are a quality choke.

Old Dominion Tom

Never tried the WLBXR in my 12ga. 870 SM (23" barrel).  But the Kicks GT .670 paired with this gun produced very good (pre Longbeard) patterns with the 3.5", 2oz., Winchester HV shells (black hull shells).  It would average low 90's in the 10" at 40 yards.  I killed a few birds with this setup, but preferred the higher pellet counts in #5's and #6's.  Out of this same 870 SM, the Kicks GT .665 did very well with both HV #5 and #6 loads.  I suspect you will get an easy 40 yard killer by shooting the GT .670 in your SM with any Longbeard shell - obviously verify this before you hunt.

Old Dominion Tom

RED NECK

Ive shot over 20 longbeards using a .675 gt from a bps 12 3.5" nwtf, shooting supreme 5's and then longbeard 5's in 3.5". I just changed it up this year with a patternmaster and some longbeard 6's. I feel like I am cheating on the .675 gt and 5's. I'll probably go back to the .675 in the bps 12 nwtf and use the patternmaster in another bps that I am going to buy in the future.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

budtripp

Good chokes. Got a .655 for my Benelli SBE2 and had a .665 for my 870. Both patterned Winchester lead and Hevi 13 very well. I still have the one for the Benelli, I gave the Rem one to my younger cousin for his gun since I also had an Indian Creek I used most often for my 870.

Quackhound

Every Kicks choke I have tried did very well with both the old Winchester Supremes and Longbeard #5's.  They were all .665 in both Benellis and Remingtons.