Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Getting things in order...

Started by mightyjoeyoung, April 23, 2022, 02:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightyjoeyoung

Been working A LOT lately and unfortunately i am getting divorced after 5 years of marriage, so things haven't exactly been...organized around the house these last few months. Made myself start early today and set up the Little Monsters to go do a quick pattern check and cleaning this weekend. Yes that is a Stevens 301-T in the foreground.  I couldn't help myself!!  Look at it as a divorce present to myself. Lol. Anyways, I didn't get to take out a mentored youth hunter today as my buddy really wanted to take out his son, Colton himself and give it a try. They were boogered up by not one, but a pair of fishers that got in between them and the birds and flushed the flock when they tried to take one down. You can't tell me fishers won't try for animals MUCH larger than they are.  Anyway, the PA regular season starts next Saturday and I will absolutely be ready. That said, my season is taking a back seat to another new hunter as I am taking out my nephew and his new bride to try to get her a bird as she's never even seen on in range so wish us luck. I think this is how i cope with rough times. I mentor hunters less experienced than myself.  It makes me feel good you know. So good luck to everyone and congratulations to all you that are already killing it out there. Let's get it done in 2022!
Don
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

FullChoke

So sorry to hear about anyone going through a divorce. On the other hand, those turkeys should just give up with that kind of arsenal on hand. Stay in the birds and certainly get a few for the beginner hunters that you are mentoring.

Cheers.  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

mightyjoeyoung

Thanks Norm. Honestly too, this PLDTS (Post Lyme Disease Treatment Syndrome) I think is worse as its probably caused some of my issues.   It can cause mood swings, trouble thinking and grasping words (i forgot my own grandson's name yesterday for about 10 minutes) and a bunch of physical issues too. It's been a rough couple years with the chronic pain, neck stiffness, headaches and extreme irritability. My PCP put me on an antidepressant of all things to try and calm the myalgia symptoms and mood swings so we'll see...  LYME DISEASE IS NO JOKE!!
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.