OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Finished Another Little Thumper

Started by PEPPERHEAD, April 02, 2022, 08:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PEPPERHEAD

The Boyd's stock finally came today. I was able to get it put together. Remington 870 youth, 21" barrel, drilled and tapped for a Sumtoy mount and FF3, Carlson .568 choke, Boyd's thumbhole stock. I've built several of these little guns. This one may be my favorite...... if it patterns good.

Ridge Rooster

Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

mountainhunter1

Quote from: PEPPERHEAD on April 02, 2022, 08:02:07 PM
The Boyd's stock finally came today. I was able to get it put together. Remington 870 youth, 21" barrel, drilled and tapped for a Sumtoy mount and FF3, Carlson .568 choke, Boyd's thumbhole stock. I've built several of these little guns. This one may be my favorite...... if it patterns good.

I have wanted to buy a set of those boyd's stock/forearms for a youth 20 gauge 870, but was not sure that they would fit and function correctly. I assume this right here affirms that they will fit with no problem? Did you have any fit issues (go right on - or did it require some modifications?) Thanks
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

PEPPERHEAD

Quote from: mountainhunter1 on April 09, 2022, 12:11:08 PM

I have wanted to buy a set of those boyd's stock/forearms for a youth 20 gauge 870, but was not sure that they would fit and function correctly. I assume this right here affirms that they will fit with no problem? Did you have any fit issues (go right on - or did it require some modifications?) Thanks
They fit perfectly. No issues. I'm happy to report say that little gun is now a killer. I killed a bird yesterday and a distance that I grossly misjudged. Dropped it like a hot rock.

mountainhunter1

Quote from: PEPPERHEAD on April 12, 2022, 05:39:44 PM
Quote from: mountainhunter1 on April 09, 2022, 12:11:08 PM

They fit perfectly. No issues. I'm happy to report say that little gun is now a killer. I killed a bird yesterday and a distance that I grossly misjudged. Dropped it like a hot rock.

Pepperhead, just now saw your response and apologize for not answering sooner. I almost bought a set of Boyd stock/forearm this time around but wanted to ask someone like yourself if they would fit without modifications. Glad to hear that they will go right on with no issues. Thanks for the heads up, and I will have to rig me one of those up before next year.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Old Timer

Pepperhead nice job! What`s your load?