OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Federal TSS #9's vs. Remington TSS #9's  (Read 2821 times)

Offline Cutt

• The Boss Gobbler
Federal TSS #9's vs. Remington TSS #9's
« on: May 16, 2022, 06:18:30 PM »
Was curious if anyone has compared or shot the Remington Premier TSS, to Federal TSS/

Right now, I'm using the Federal 20 ga. 1 1/2 oz. #9's, and have no issues with them. Although noticed the Remington Premiers in the same loads, are more readily available and cheaper. Just curious if they are just as good as the Winchester patterns?

I realize there are better shells out there, plus loading your own, but have no issues with the Winchester, as every 40 yard turkey target I shot was a dead bird, so more than enough for me. Would consider the Remington if they are comparable, but just hate to buy if not, Thanks
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 12:47:14 PM by Cutt »

Offline FL-Boss

• Longbeard
Re: Winchester TSS #9's vs. Remington TSS #9's
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 06:29:24 PM »
For the big production companies.. Unless they are loaded with a different oz of shot... I don't think you will see any difference. 

Offline ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Winchester TSS #9's vs. Remington TSS #9's
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 06:30:54 PM »
I haven’t shot either (I like Foxtrot and Apex) and I’d say it’d be hard to know what it’ll do out of your setup without just patterning them through your setup, but that said any time you’ve got 550 pellets in a payload, which is about what an ounce of 9s has, you’re gonna have killing patterns at 40 and under. That’s just a swarm of pellets no matter what the stamp on the shell says. If the price is right I’d surely try them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gmed

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 09:07:13 PM »
Heck, I didn’t even know Winchester loaded TSS shot shells…..

Offline Hoytboy247

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 09:05:40 AM »
I bought a couple of boxes of remington premier TSS for my .410 and out of the carlson choke it does pretty good at 30.  I myself haven’t compared it to the federal but my buddy has the federals and described similar results
Both out of a Tristar Viper G2

Offline Cutt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2022, 12:46:20 PM »

Good catch, Meant Federal, not sure why I typed Winchester? Most of my lead loads before TSS were Winchester, I'm guessing that's why?

Offline FL-Boss

• Longbeard
Re: Federal TSS #9's vs. Remington TSS #9's
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2022, 01:36:24 PM »
All the browning TSS is Winchester.  And it was the worst when compared to the other two....for me anyway.  Apex or Rouge is the way to go... 

Offline runngun

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
Re: Federal TSS #9's vs. Remington TSS #9's
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2022, 11:57:51 PM »
I have had great patterns with Federal #7s and #9s Duplex loads. The Apex straight #9s were just a little bit better.  But the Federals are readily available. I will definitely be trying the Remingtons as soon so I can get some.

Have a good one
Bo

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Offline Gmed

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2022, 10:50:36 AM »

Good catch, Meant Federal, not sure why I typed Winchester? Most of my lead loads before TSS were Winchester, I'm guessing that's why?

Ha ha, I thought Winchester had jumped on the TSS train…I have and do use Federal #9s as well as Apex Ninja. I kinda lean toward the Apex for consistency and hotter core pattern, but the Federal will certainly take em out there as far as anyone should ethically shoot at one….