OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: BEST PUSHPIN READILY AVAILABLE  (Read 4024 times)

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
Re: BEST PUSHPIN READILY AVAILABLE
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2022, 01:50:42 PM »
anyone have a picture of a winky hicks call they could post? I have never seen one in person

Here is some pics for you including Winky Hicks. These are some of my collection, all good ones to try. From top left: Knight&Hale Witchy Woman, Winky Hicks Sweet Hen, Lynch Wild Turkey, Kelly Callers, Persimmon Hill, Tom Duval Chatterbox, NWTF Chatterbox, Loftis Chatterbox, Ashby Chatterbox, Mountain Hollow, Dick Kirby Teakwood Chatterbox, and Shannon Kelly Snakewood. Good luck in your search……

Nice set of calls.  Saw around 3-4 different push pin calls yesterday at Bass pro. mainly Quaker boy. Maybe an H.S. or 2.

Thank you. Yes, Bass Pro has a Red Head Push pin that is a real nice production call. This one is older, but they are out there. These were well made….good luck in your search..
“Solo hunter”

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2022, 02:37:00 PM »
What would be the best (wood) push pin that is easy to get hands on? I have tons of calls but never had a nice push pin, would love to have one of Shannons but im not on the list and not sure when the list will open back up again. The only push pins I have are very old and I dont use them for nostalgia reasons
there will be no more list in the near future...once it's cleared out , that's gonna be the end of the list system , and I know of several call makers that are doing the same exact thing

I will be making calls in the future...listing them up here and first come... first serve ... This is to significantly reduce the overhead I have making these calls ..and that overhead is TIME ... It takes a insane amount of time to play phone tag when the calls are being made

Some people might be taken aback by this , but trust me it will work out for those who want calls , and they will get calls

I'll be making turkey calls throughout the month of May at a furious pace ...mostly Macassar and blackwood ..when you see me post them up Hollar at me and I'll let you know the situation

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline JeffC

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2022, 02:52:03 PM »
Im hollaring, posting, PMing, faxing, emailing, keying you up on CB and sending smoke signals....let the wait begin!
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Offline btodd00

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2022, 11:49:08 PM »
What would be the best (wood) push pin that is easy to get hands on? I have tons of calls but never had a nice push pin, would love to have one of Shannons but im not on the list and not sure when the list will open back up again. The only push pins I have are very old and I dont use them for nostalgia reasons
there will be no more list in the near future...once it's cleared out , that's gonna be the end of the list system , and I know of several call makers that are doing the same exact thing

I will be making calls in the future...listing them up here and first come... first serve ... This is to significantly reduce the overhead I have making these calls ..and that overhead is TIME ... It takes a insane amount of time to play phone tag when the calls are being made

Some people might be taken aback by this , but trust me it will work out for those who want calls , and they will get calls

I'll be making turkey calls throughout the month of May at a furious pace ...mostly Macassar and blackwood ..when you see me post them up Hollar at me and I'll let you know the situation

Will you be posting them in the push pin section or the classifieds?

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2022, 01:27:43 PM »

push pin area

This weekend and the following weekend I'll be making calls for sure ...the weekend of the 14-15 I might go on a out of state hunt ...but either way making calls till then
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline btodd00

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2022, 07:33:24 AM »

push pin area

This weekend and the following weekend I'll be making calls for sure ...the weekend of the 14-15 I might go on a out of state hunt ...but either way making calls till then

Thanks for the heads up!