OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Height difference between Scalarworks, Sumtoy and Burris 336 mount.  (Read 1552 times)

Offline Ridge Rooster

• The Boss Gobbler
I know the Scalarworks and 336 are a little lower but has anyone ever measured the differences? I have an M1 Super 90 that I am trying to decide if I want to put a Red Dot on it or not. The Scalarworks is probably not going to work because there is a groove in the center of the receiver. Either way I go I will have to have gun drilled/tapped.

Thanks
Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
Re: Height difference between Scalarworks, Sumtoy and Burris 336 mount.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 08:24:40 AM »
I have not had the scalarworks in shop.    I know you will have around a 1/16 of a inch in ours and the 336..     Both the 336 and our base are solid ways the mount them.    Ours fits most the factory drilled guns but if you got to drill yours the 336 will work fine also. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline Ridge Rooster

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 04:03:59 PM »
Sent mine to you this morning Mr. William. I have several of your bases but usually run a GodoGrip cheek riser to get a solid cheek weld. Never really paid attention to if it was needed or not just always ran them on 3.5" guns cause it also helps with cheek slap from magnum loads. I wanted as low as I could get for the Benelli M1 3" gun I sent you but 1/16" does not seem to bad. I guess if I feel like I need a little added height on stock I can install another GodoGrip but was kinda wanting to keep it bare.  What is general consensus for guys running your mount? Do they think added height on stock would be better or sight picture fine without?

Ridge Rooster

Offline Ridge Rooster

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 01:10:56 PM »
Guys that are using the Sumtoy mount, do yall feel that cheek weld is comfortable?

Ridge Rooster

Offline ShortMagFan

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2022, 06:07:09 PM »
I’m using the scalarworks this year on a 20ga m2 with the groove in the receiver and it’s worked well on several birds. Mine has the trijicon sro

That said, after the season I’m going back to a FF3 on a Sumtoy mount. I actually like the simplicity and size of the FF3 over the Trijicon SRO which is also 2x+ the cost of the FF3

Offline BINK McCARTY

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Beak first in th' dirt...
Make sure you read up on which optics the scalarworks mount uses. If you want low, I don't believe there is one lower.