North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington Sp-10

Started by RED NECK, April 17, 2022, 11:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hotdog! Did Mossy Oak have that pattern in '92? I only remember bottom land and green leaf from that era.

deadbuck

so what inch barrel does it have? And, how many US dollars is 1400 canadian?

RED NECK

Quote from: deadbuck on April 17, 2022, 09:48:44 PM
so what inch barrel does it have? And, how many US dollars is 1400 canadian?
Ill measure it after work tonight but looks like a 25".
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

RED NECK

Quote from: 457121 on April 17, 2022, 09:24:22 PM
Hotdog! Did Mossy Oak have that pattern in '92? I only remember bottom land and green leaf from that era.
Yes,thats what I think too. I'll have to double check the "code", too me it looks like a early to mid 2000' gun with the mossy oak break up pattern.

RED NECK

It looks like I'll have to order a turkey choke,none local for a rem thread. I have it narrowed down to either a kicks,comp n choke or a pure gold, Indian creek is out of stock.

.690 or .710? I will be shooting lead 4 & 5 to start with, eventually I hope to be loading tss.I'll place order this evening when I return home.

RED NECK

Trulock has .680 or .700 in ported or non ported, I have a handful of these chokes and like his chokes. I just want to buy the diameter that won't blow the patterns with lead, 4-5's.

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on April 18, 2022, 06:09:55 AM
Trulock has .680 or .700 in ported or non ported, I have a handful of these chokes and like his chokes. I just want to buy the diameter that won't blow the patterns with lead, 4-5's.
I did a lot of lead pattering years ago (2013-14 ish) when I got my SP10 barrel for the Ithaca. And since I was doing it I included my BPS. This was with the old 2 1/4oz. Winchester and Federal #4 loads. First, neither patterned the Rem Premier 2 1/4oz. very well. The .705" Hastings and Terror tubes threw great patterns at 40 yards out of both guns. Patterns had even pellet distribution and old school size about 3 foot diameter. I have that Trulock .700" for Remchoke and a .700" Hastings for Invector. There really wasn't any real difference over the .705" with either #4 or #5. My .695" chokes are both Hastings and #4's performed better with the slightly bigger sizes. But both guns shot Winchester 2 1/4oz. #5's great with the .695" chokes. The tightest choke I own is a .690" but I never tested it because #4's shoot so well in .705". But that day is coming as I only have 5 of the #4 (2 1/4oz.) Winchesters left and about 15 Federals. I have an entire flat (250 rounds) of #5 Winchester Supreme XX 2 1/4oz. so I'll have try them in the .690". I think there's a reason so many 10ga. chokes stop at .695" though.

RED NECK

I measured barrel, It is a 25" or 26" as they call it. I am in Ontario,Canada. You can ship chokes back and forth as I buy and sell from businesses and people all the time. I appreciate the info on chokes, I kind of figured to go with the least amount of constriction like a .700 to .720 

I am interested in testing the full choke It comes with but I also would like to find a turkey choke for it.

After I got cleaned up from work, I took gun apart, you couldn't tell It has ever been shot,It was a serious safe queen. He told me it had maybe 5-6 shells out of it and has been in safe for years.

It is far and away the best shape "used " gun I have ever purchased and I have never really had any beat up ones. I can't believe I actually own an sp-10, I probably would not have bought the bps 10 ga I just did, if this gun was available before but I am now glad I have 2 10's.

deadbuck

You didnt buy that gun, you stole it for that price.

b wilt

Wait till you see the difference in recoil compared to the BPS, mine is very pleasant too shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RED NECK

https://oldguns.net/sn_php/remdates.htm

AU

My gun looks like its a March 2000 manufacture date, if I am doing it correctly, those are the 2 closest letters on left side of barrel closest to receiver.

RED NECK

Ive shot 3.5" 2 1/8 turkey loads from a mossberg 535,nothing bothers me after that combo, that is enough to make you puke.

I am a little irritated trying to figure out the coding system, for the sp-10, to know the date of manufacture. I don't think march 2000 is it, but I am not sure. I didn't have this much trouble with my other guns.

RED NECK

Quote from: 457121 on April 18, 2022, 02:29:53 PM
Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on April 18, 2022, 06:09:55 AM
I did a lot of lead pattering years ago (2013-14 ish) when I got my SP10 barrel for the Ithaca. And since I was doing it I included my BPS. This was with the old 2 1/4oz. Winchester and Federal #4 loads. First, neither patterned the Rem Premier 2 1/4oz. very well. The .705" Hastings and Terror tubes threw great patterns at 40 yards out of both guns. Patterns had even pellet distribution and old school size about 3 foot diameter. I have that Trulock .700" for Remchoke and a .700" Hastings for Invector. There really wasn't any real difference over the .705" with either #4 or #5. My .695" chokes are both Hastings and #4's performed better with the slightly bigger sizes. But both guns shot Winchester 2 1/4oz. #5's great with the .695" chokes. The tightest choke I own is a .690" but I never tested it because #4's shoot so well in .705". But that day is coming as I only have 5 of the #4 (2 1/4oz.) Winchesters left and about 15 Federals. I have an entire flat (250 rounds) of #5 Winchester Supreme XX 2 1/4oz. so I'll have try them in the .690". I think there's a reason so many 10ga. chokes stop at .695" though.
I am going to order a trulock .700, I am just not sure to go with a ported or non ported choke. I am leaning towards a ported one.

RED NECK

Trulock is not shipping international individual orders right now, so I went ahead and ordered a .705 for my Rem-sp 10 from comp n choke and a .705 for my browning bps as well.

RED NECK

I ordered another set of williams slugger universal sights,with the peep sight this morning, I am done spending money on shotguns until next January. I need a sling,but I am going to concentrate on reloading components after turkey season to get started loading tss, hopefully.

I will stock up on any 10 gauge turkey ammo I come across though,cheaper than guns, and seems to be even harder to find. It's -8 and a blizzard here this morning, it is going to be a fun day outside working,turning to freezing rain later.  6 days until season.....