Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

reflexl hunting log

Started by reflexl, April 16, 2022, 01:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crow

I shot a mossy head sabbatical yesterday. A pic will be coming to clear up all the theory and conjecture of what they look like. Classic off the roost hunt.  They're tough, pulled both triggers and gave him both barrels at once, he almost made it across the road, but a quick reload and again both barrels stopped him at the shoulder. Hope you have some outside grill recipes, they smell when you pluck them

eggshell

I totally agree, no one feels like you let us down. We'd have really been upset if you didn't beat off Covid. I think we should get bonus points for have a tough arse SOB on our team. Turkey's be darned living is much better. You'll be back in form next season.

Be blessed

reflexl

Quote from: guesswho on May 18, 2022, 05:49:24 PM
I think that's a Jake Sabbatical.   You can tell by the uneven hair line and small horns.   Horns are a good indication of a Sabbaticals age.   1/2" or less is usually a Jake, 3/4-1"  would be a two year old, over 1" puts him at least 3.   1 1/2" or more and you have killed a granddaddy of a Sabbatical.

I agree. Has to be a Jake. I heard they taste better. The secret to cooking them correctly is lots of cinnamon. Covers up the dirty sweaty sock smell.