OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Can anyone recommend a therapist? I need help.  (Read 844 times)

Offline Spellnj3

• Long Spur Gobbler
Can anyone recommend a therapist? I need help.
« on: April 15, 2022, 10:20:00 AM »
I'm about to lose my mind.   I went out this morning and went to the 2nd ridge like I was supposed to do yesterday and guess what........He's on the 1st ridge.   :z-dizzy:

He flies down and heads away from me with a hen into a field.  I sneak up to the field and he's walking away from me into the woods.   Next thing I know he's at the top of another hill in a field.  I circled around him about 200 yards and he makes his way to me when all the sudden BOOOM!!   Someone shoots.   I don't know if he was killed to not.  I didn't see anyone or a dead turkey in the field when I checked.    I'm so frustrated at this point I might have to shoot a Jake just to get this monkey off my back.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Offline JeffC

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: Can anyone recommend a therapist? I need help.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 02:13:31 PM »
Telling you.. kids were your lucky charm or maybe it was your dad?  At least your hearing and seeing a Tom. Keep after him, you will bump into him eventually. Do you have a game plan for tomorrow?

Offline Spellnj3

• Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Can anyone recommend a therapist? I need help.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 02:47:40 PM »
Telling you.. kids were your lucky charm or maybe it was your dad?  At least your hearing and seeing a Tom. Keep after him, you will bump into him eventually. Do you have a game plan for tomorrow?

Maybe it was Pop that was the good luck charm.   Can't go tomorrow, my son has the youth group camping out in my back yard tonight.   Maybe Sunday morning for a quick hunt?