OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Mossberg 940 Pro Turkey Review  (Read 7922 times)

Offline Twitch

Re: Mossberg 940 Pro Turkey Review
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2022, 12:54:12 PM »
I have been looking at the Pro Turkey but haven't had one in hand yet. When you say remove the oversized bolt release, will you need to purchase a smaller version or is it still useable?

It’s still useable. Now it’s just a normal bolt release with a small threaded hole in the top (that the oversized button screwed into). I’ll likely either fill the hole or cover it with something to prevent dirt and grime from accumulating in there. I have actually heard that all current Pro Turkeys no longer have the oversized bolt release and come standard with the normal release — wonder if it was from feedback like this.
Thanks for the reply. Now if I can just decide between the 18.5" and 24" barrel.

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2022, 01:07:39 PM »
The 18.5" is so nice for maneuverability. It is very, very short in hand initially but after carrying 30+ days this season it's really grown on me. The patterns my 18.5" throws with an Indian Creek are exceptional, but the gun is definitely loud.

Offline lunghit

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2022, 06:41:27 AM »
Will a Burris FF3 mount to this gun?
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Offline Twitch

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2022, 08:49:27 PM »
The FF3 is not the same footprint as the Shield RMS, so you would have to use another mounting option besides the machined cut.

Offline FL-Boss

• Longbeard
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2022, 07:33:22 AM »
I bet it is with that 18.5in a barrel .. that's the only thing I don't like about it, it's ear ringing loud...

The 18.5" is so nice for maneuverability. It is very, very short in hand initially but after carrying 30+ days this season it's really grown on me. The patterns my 18.5" throws with an Indian Creek are exceptional, but the gun is definitely loud.

Offline lunghit

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2022, 06:43:38 PM »
The FF3 is not the same footprint as the Shield RMS, so you would have to use another mounting option besides the machined cut.
I love the FF3 but I do like the new mount on this gun. I might have to try a new red dot. Hoping for a 20 for next year. 
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2022, 04:29:14 PM »
I love the FF3 but I do like the new mount on this gun. I might have to try a new red dot. Hoping for a 20 for next year.
I would highly recommend the Holosun 507k for this gun.

Offline Twitch

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2022, 07:33:17 PM »
I have been looking at the Pro Turkey but haven't had one in hand yet. When you say remove the oversized bolt release, will you need to purchase a smaller version or is it still useable?

It’s still useable. Now it’s just a normal bolt release with a small threaded hole in the top (that the oversized button screwed into). I’ll likely either fill the hole or cover it with something to prevent dirt and grime from accumulating in there. I have actually heard that all current Pro Turkeys no longer have the oversized bolt release and come standard with the normal release — wonder if it was from feedback like this.
Can confirm, the Pro Turkey I picked up today did not have a oversized bolt release.