OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Franchi Affinity Turkey 20 Gauge  (Read 2169 times)

Offline Gmed

Franchi Affinity Turkey 20 Gauge
« on: April 14, 2022, 08:21:27 PM »
My son and I just purchased ourselves one of the Franchi Affinity Turkey models with the steady grip stock in 20 gauge (Franchi model number is 41335). His came with two extended chokes - one marked XF and one marked XXF. I assume that’s extra full and extra extra full. According to what I can find in Franchi’s literature, one is .593 and the other .565. My gun (ordered from the same place on the same day) arrived with an extended choke marked XF and a flush stainless steel choke with one notch in the muzzle end which is a standard factory full. I have called Benelli/Franchi and they act as if they cannot find a part number or exactly what exact chokes are supposed to come with this gun. All I see in info is that it is supposed to come with two extended turkey chokes. Benelli customer service is “trying to find out what chokes I am supposed to have” and have been for two days. I have attached photos of what chokes I got versus what chokes he got. Anyone who has purchased this gun, chime in with which chokes you got with your gun from the factory please….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline lacire

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Franchi Affinity Turkey 20 Gauge
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 09:10:03 PM »
It didn’t come with the two extended turkey chokes if that’s what it’s supposed to come with and your info supports this, you have one extended and one flush choke.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 09:59:07 PM by lacire »
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Offline Gmed

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 09:20:59 PM »
Yeah I got that…..I was just wanted verifying from anyone else who had purchased the same shotgun if theirs came with two extended like my sons (bottom photo) or what came in mine (top photo). I am sure what I got was incorrect….

Offline lacire

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 09:58:37 PM »
I ment no offense and sorry for pointing out the obvious but you never know you you’re messaging on these forums  :TooFunny:
and it looks like you have enough posts to know what your talking about.

I think you have the wrong chokes too,  :z-twocents:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 12:57:39 AM by lacire »

Offline Brillo

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2022, 04:13:23 AM »
Mine came with the two chokes your son has.  Congrats to you for discovering the sizes.  I could not find that info.

Offline JeffC

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2022, 08:30:48 PM »
Picked up my F A 3 Elite today, had 3 chokes in box, all dirty, 1 was shot thru for sure. Ordered Trulock .585 based on all the patterns that have been posted. 3rd different choke is a " No Steel Shot Full" no other marking on it? The other 2 are made by Rino

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2022, 08:16:15 PM »
Picked up my F A 3 Elite today, had 3 chokes in box, all dirty, 1 was shot thru for sure. Ordered Trulock .585 based on all the patterns that have been posted. 3rd different choke is a " No Steel Shot Full" no other marking on it? The other 2 are made by Rino
  Mine shot great with the choke that came with the gun.. the 565 but now i'm using Long Beards 1 1/4 oz. 6 shot ...

Offline Turkeybutt

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2022, 03:38:39 AM »
I purchased that gun some months ago and mine came with two Rino chokes.

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2022, 11:52:30 AM »
My gun came with the 3 chokes JeffC posted in the picture of ..............