Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Who is Hunting

Started by JeffC, April 13, 2022, 07:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffC

notsure season opened today, please let us know how thigs are going??  Tanna114, how is your season going??
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Spellnj3

I'll probably stick to Monday, Wednesday and Fridays except when weather is an issue.   Went out again this morning and had a gobbler roosted in a field next to me.  He gobbled in the roost 5-7 times and then nothing once he was down.  I tried to circle around him but only hens were in the field.   I was able to call one of the hens to me on the edge of the field.  She walked by me about 6 feet away.  But no Tom..... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

JeffC

Thats because your family shot all the turkeys in NC..Keep at them Steve, he will be looking for a new hen soon.

HillclimberWV

Will be hunting monday morning in wv. Dont have time to make it back to VA for a couple weeks. Hopefully the weather holds because i plan on being in the woods saturday and sunday trying to pinpoint roost locations on a couple of properties i got access to this winter.

notsure

Season A did indeed start today, but the weather's awful and will remain so for at least a week. Which is why I decided to purchase a Season B tag, which opens up on April 20th.

Spellnj3

Quote from: JeffC on April 13, 2022, 11:41:58 AM
Thats because your family shot all the turkeys in NC..Keep at them Steve, he will be looking for a new hen soon.

Yeah seriously.  :o