turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Aluminum Pot Call / Weather cold Conditions Moisture

Started by Greg Massey, April 24, 2022, 09:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

So far this Spring the weather has been crazy with storms, wind and one day it is fairly warm and then back cold again. Over week ago, the temperature was 39 degrees/windy that next morning after heavy rain and cold front came through and i took a hand warmer to lay on top of my pot calls one was aluminum, just in a matter of few minutes the hand warmer was actually pulling moisture out of the aluminum pot call surface, this was surprisingly to see this happening. So don't think those cold damp morning aluminum pots will not contain moisture, because they will. None of my calls or hunting gear was left in the truck over night or whatever, all of my gear came out of a warm cabin for that morning hunt.  Just something to think about with aluminum surface calls.. IMO....

Wvgobbler

I believe you... Ive had that happen to me several times where damp mornings would cause moisture on my aluminum calls.... Good idea with the hand warmers I'll have to try that.

HookedonHooks

Nothing worse than a damp, gummed up aluminum surface. Will render a striker useless quick even if you are getting any decent tone out of it.

On these mornings I like colored slates especially.