North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Devotional June 11, 2011 The Great I AM

Started by mmims, June 11, 2011, 09:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmims

The Great I Am
I was regretting the past and fearing the future. Suddenly God was speaking: "My name is I am." I waited and God continued: "When you live in the past, with its mistakes and regrets, it is hard. I am not there. My name is not I was. When you live in the future, with its problems and fears, it is hard. I am not there. My name is not I will be. When you live in this moment, it is not hard. I am here. My name is I AM."

Helen Mellincost

John 8:24.
"Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins." He was saying you cannot be saved unless you recognize and believe that Jesus Christ is God.
Seven times in the Gospel of John Jesus claims to be the great "I am" (4:26; 6:20; 8:24, 28, 58; 13:19; 18:5). In every one of these contexts the "I am" keeps reinforcing the deity of Jesus. He is stating His claim to be God.
He is the True Vine, the only way, and the giver of life. Jesus said, "I am the True Vine" (15:1, 5).
What will you do with the great I AM? Claim Him as your Lord and worship Him today !

Bro. Mike

BOFF

Thanks brother Mike!!

God Bless,
David B.

turkey slayer

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)