OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Glass Pot Recommendation - Need Replacement

Started by Bottomland, April 11, 2022, 10:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bottomland

I'm in the market for a new glass call.  Really I want a replacement but they don't make the call I want anymore or at least it doesn't sound the same.  I used to use a old woodhaven legend glass call that was raspy and could cut with the best of them.  Honestly it just made turkeys gobble when nothing else does.  the sharp raspy popping cuts and yelps would drive them crazy.  I scattered the call while crawling to a glassing position on a turkey and was heartbroken.  I purchased the same call from woodhaven but it doesn't remotely sound the same.

So now I need suggestion... What is the nastiest raspiest glass call that you use to cut and yelp with and it just makes  turkey gobble.

Tom007

Crystal Wenge by Matt Vancise if you can find one. Brad Roberts Bronzed glass over aluminum if you can locate one. They can both call raspy, they both have helped me get a stubborn bird to gobble. There is a lot of choices out there, you should get some good advise here...good luck.
"Solo hunter"

Footballer

The glass on your Woodhaven call can be replaced. You can either send it to a call maker that's willing to replace it or possibly replace it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MDTOM84

ChesterCopperpot

Paul Hicks makes a great glass call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rakkin6

Buster Halford and you can thank me later

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

shatcher

I dropped a woodhaven cherry crystal a few years ago and cracked the crystal.  They replaced it for $25.

Bottomland

Quote from: Tom007 on April 12, 2022, 07:34:22 AM
Crystal Wenge by Matt Vancise if you can find one. Brad Roberts Bronzed glass over aluminum if you can locate one. They can both call raspy, they both have helped me get a stubborn bird to gobble. There is a lot of choices out there, you should get some good advise here...good luck.

HAHAHA heck I have a Brad Roberts in my call collection from 2017 when I got it.  Its a poplar bronze glass over aluminum.  Never could get the sound of it I was looking for but I may need to revisit it and play with it some more...... What striker are yall using for it?

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Wvgobbler

Lonzo black acrylic bronzed glass/aluminum. Or Halloran sugar town sweetness II.