OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: So I guess I am weird  (Read 941 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
So I guess I am weird
« on: April 11, 2022, 07:40:28 PM »
But I think some of you guys already knew that. I have been trying to get better and better camera gear and accessories as I can, last year I had purchased a piece called a gimbal and wound up having some trouble with it as it would not handle my lens. I have been saving up money with two purposes, one in case I had to move which I now know is not the case and the second is to get a high end gimbal. Basically what a gimbal does is holds the camera and lens in place and at various angles such as pointed up at the moon and maybe at a bird on the tree or on the ground, it will turn both vertically and horizontally.

Anyway the part that may make me seem weird is that I would really rather shoot a quality picture of a turkey that would make me proud of it this year than I would shoot one with a gun. (I would like to do both in one sitting) I do not have top of the line gear, I wish I could afford a Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III USM Lens but who as $13,000.00 laying around for a lens?

To those of you that shoot a lot of turkey (with camera) what if any advise could you give me? This is what I have for gear, last year I had the 70-300mm lens in the blind with me but the gimbal gave me problems as I mentioned above.

My Camera Gear
Canon eos M50
Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM
Canon EF-S 18 55 macro 0.25m 0.8ft
Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens
Magnus GH-M1 Gimbal Head
Wimberley WH-200 Gimbal Tripod Head II with Quick Release Base (This is the new one)
K&F Concepts TM2324 Tripod (I want to upgrade this as well because I want one of two heavier lenses, I want either a Sigma 60-600mm f/4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports Lens or a Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM Lens which does not have the range of the Sigma but has much better glass.

This is the new gimbal and it set up with the camera.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."