OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli Nova 24"- which pattern?

Started by Snoody Bastid, April 07, 2022, 01:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoody Bastid

I just got back from sighting in my Benelli Nova 20ga 24" Youth. Distance was approx 35-38yds. Note: circle is 11". I didn't count numbers being they looked so tight. Which choke would you pick?
Here's the choke/load combos:
Sumtoy .562 w/ Fed TSS 9's
Jellyhead TSS .560 choke w/ Fed TSS 9's
Hastings non ported .570 w/ Rem Nitro 5's

Ranman

Flip a coin.. both look very close. I would pick the one that had the best poa to poi.

Snoody Bastid

Quote from: Ranman on April 07, 2022, 11:06:49 PM
Flip a coin.. both look very close. I would pick the one that had the best poa to poi.
Yeah, it looks like they were both fired from the same choke tube. The Jellyhead TSS choke pattern is a bit tighter. I think I was a little closer than 35yds during sight-in. I'm assuming they'll both be as good at 40yds.

g8rvet

If I was choosing between those 2, I would pick the Sumtoy.  More forgiving pattern.  I would shoot it at 40 to be sure.  Either one will be just fine though. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Snoody Bastid

Quote from: g8rvet on April 15, 2022, 02:10:11 PM
If I was choosing between those 2, I would pick the Sumtoy.  More forgiving pattern.  I would shoot it at 40 to be sure.  Either one will be just fine though.
Yeah, that's the one I decided to go with. The Jellyhead TSS choke was a little "clustered up" in the middle, which probably would be better at longer distances. The Sumtoy seems more evenly spread out.
Now if I can just find a place to hunt in my new home state of South Carolina, lol. I'm having a hard time just finding the upstate WMAs.