OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Benelli Nova 24"- which pattern?  (Read 1357 times)

Offline Snoody Bastid

Benelli Nova 24"- which pattern?
« on: April 07, 2022, 01:59:52 PM »
I just got back from sighting in my Benelli Nova 20ga 24" Youth. Distance was approx 35-38yds. Note: circle is 11". I didn't count numbers being they looked so tight. Which choke would you pick?
 Here's the choke/load combos:
Sumtoy .562 w/ Fed TSS 9's
Jellyhead TSS .560 choke w/ Fed TSS 9's
Hastings non ported .570 w/ Rem Nitro 5's

Offline Ranman

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Benelli Nova 24"- which pattern?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 11:06:49 PM »
Flip a coin.. both look very close. I would pick the one that had the best poa to poi.

Offline Snoody Bastid

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 11:18:29 PM »
Flip a coin.. both look very close. I would pick the one that had the best poa to poi.
Yeah, it looks like they were both fired from the same choke tube. The Jellyhead TSS choke pattern is a bit tighter. I think I was a little closer than 35yds during sight-in. I'm assuming they'll both be as good at 40yds.

Offline g8rvet

• Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 02:10:11 PM »
If I was choosing between those 2, I would pick the Sumtoy.  More forgiving pattern.  I would shoot it at 40 to be sure.  Either one will be just fine though. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Offline Snoody Bastid

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2022, 11:03:01 AM »
If I was choosing between those 2, I would pick the Sumtoy.  More forgiving pattern.  I would shoot it at 40 to be sure.  Either one will be just fine though.
Yeah, that's the one I decided to go with. The Jellyhead TSS choke was a little "clustered up" in the middle, which probably would be better at longer distances. The Sumtoy seems more evenly spread out.
Now if I can just find a place to hunt in my new home state of South Carolina, lol. I'm having a hard time just finding the upstate WMAs.