OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite Custom Call Maker?

Started by NightHawk24, April 06, 2022, 08:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shatcher

OsceolaDreams

KentuckyHeadhunter

If I could only name one it would be Lamar Williams. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Greg Massey

Lots of great and good call builders, i will just say i appreciate all of them who make calls for us ... I'm mainly a box and pot call guy myself ... But i will add CLay Townsend makes some of the best strikers period. IMO

HILBY72

mspaci

This week, John Eddleman(gator gobbling stribling), Mike

ChesterCopperpot

He who shall not be named.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

I have a lot of great calls and i have some good calls. I see no reason to name the makers... i have some from makers that have gotten little recognition, but are still in my collection of good call builders. I also think some call makers are way overrated compared to others ... What i like about calls and sounds, another person may not like them at all...

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on May 18, 2022, 08:40:40 PM

Do you have contact info for Voldemort?

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on May 18, 2022, 08:40:40 PM

Do you have contact info for Voldemort?

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 18, 2022, 09:43:13 PM
I have a lot of great calls and i have some good calls. I see no reason to name the makers... i have some from makers that have gotten little recognition, but are still in my collection of good call builders. I also think some call makers are way overrated compared to others ... What i like about calls and sounds, another person may not like them at all...
I agree with Greg.  I like to try different makers because I like the diversity and individuality of the calls.  My favorite call makers tend to communicate well, are consistent in the calls they make, and last but not least, take time to chat about calls and turkey hunting with a customer. 

Ranger

Boxes: Mann, Mabry, Williams, David Beard, Russell Beard
Pots: R Padgett, Mabry
Yelpers: Stowe, Permar, L Chadwick, DES,

In my opinion the finest call makers are also fine gentlemen altogether, they care about the calls they sell but also value the friendships and fellowship that goes along with it.  And in that regard, Steve Mann and the late Lewis Stowe are in another category all by themselves.
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Roost 1

Quote from: Ranger on June 05, 2022, 09:56:22 AM
Boxes: Mann, Mabry, Williams, David Beard, Russell Beard
Pots: R Padgett, Mabry
Yelpers: Stowe, Permar, L Chadwick, DES,

In my opinion the finest call makers are also fine gentlemen altogether, they care about the calls they sell but also value the friendships and fellowship that goes along with it.  And in that regard, Steve Mann and the late Lewis Stowe are in another category all by themselves.

Not sure what you know above being a gentleman the way you cut in on guys WTB posts and buy calls out from under them. Stowe trumpets in particular.

Ranger

I buy calls to hunt with and lay on top of feathers, not to profit off of, and if I take criticism from a buyer-seller prospector then I'll take it.  But you wouldn't talk out of place in person, and I definitely wouldn't be a gentleman about it.   
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Roost 1

Quote from: Ranger on June 05, 2022, 02:53:49 PM
I buy calls to hunt with and lay on top of feathers, not to profit off of, and if I take criticism from a buyer-seller prospector then I'll take it.  But you wouldn't talk out of place in person, and I definitely wouldn't be a gentleman about it.

I'm not talking out if place here, I'm stating the facts.