turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite Custom Call Maker?

Started by NightHawk24, April 06, 2022, 08:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightHawk24

Have a couple of Woodhaven and David Halloran calls at the moment. Just wondering what are some of your guys' personal favorite call makers. Thanks!

Yoder409

Marlin.

Incredible calls !!!!  Outstanding individual !!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

tal

I couldn't pick just one. There are guys recognized by most as top of the heap that I definitely agree with but I've also ran into a few off the beaten path so to speak that have made me great turkey calls. I've made some friends besides laying hands on some great calls of several different types

Notsoyoungturk

Lots of great custom calls but here are a few of my personal favorites.

Steve Mann
Albert Paul
Bob Harwell
Jerry "Dad" White
SS Custom Calls
Jeff White
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: NightHawk24 on April 06, 2022, 08:14:05 PM
Have a couple of Woodhaven and David Halloran calls at the moment. Just wondering what are some of your guys' personal favorite call makers. Thanks!
Be helpful to know what type of calls you're looking for. You say you have Halloran and Woodhaven so I'm thinking pots, but most the suggestions thus far have been makers who primarily specialize in box calls. What type of call are you wanting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roosterstraw

I think there's a lot of good call makers out there. For me personally, I like buying from the makers that are easy to get a hold of and nice to talk to. I've had a few that are frequently mentioned on here never message me back for whatever reason so I just buy from someone else. I've had good experiences with Buster, Watkins, Sneed, Halloran, Stumpy, Lapp.

PALongspur

I'm fortunate to call both Mark Cornelius and Roger Parks friends. They both make great calls that will hunt with the best of them. And they also are both killing machines in the woods.

tikka

I only have one custom call, I was looking for a copper call and Mike Yingling's was mentioned often.    He made a copper/birds eye maple call for me and it looks and sounds awesome.   

rong

Way too many to list. It's not just that they are awesome call makers, they are just great people who genuinely care about their customers and do everything possible to meet or exceed your expectations. They consider it an honor and privilege that you chose them to make a call for you.

outdoors

There's a lot out there
I have to admit that John sinclair is my favorite
N looks and more importantly sound
One more thing Mike Yingling for the. 3" copper
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

ol bob

Too many to list, doing shows for over 20 years I I've made a lot of  call making friends, and sadly a lot are no longer with us.

Zobo

My short list right now for a combination of price/value, quality, pretty available (not impossible)/ ease to deal with the maker/likability (memorable phone conversations!):

ShortBox- SS/Shoemaker*, A Paul, J Harrison

Longbox- R Snodgrass, S Mann

Pot-B Halford, B Roberts

Trumpet- L Stowe, R Permar

They're not inexpensive but they represent a value in that you'll be glad you own them and they all are absolutely deadly little weapons in the turkey woods. (PS: I put an asterisk on the one that for me represents a truly exceptional value that I would strongly recommend without hesitation to a newer/younger hunter looking to get into custom calls)

Oh and I forgot striker: JLH

Watkins as mentioned by many is great all around too and usually available

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Beards and Hooks

That is rough to answer have dealt with alot of good guys and a number of them on here. But without a doubt Lonnie Mabry for me. Awesome guy to visit, chat turkey with and get calls from. Given it's an uneven field, he's the only one I've met in person besides a show or two.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Gog1015

Boxes

Albert Paul
Lamar Williams
Marlin Watkins

Pots

Daybreak
Brad Roberts
Buster Halford
Cody

Trumpet