Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Double up

Started by Spellnj3, April 05, 2022, 08:48:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spellnj3

Ok so we don't usually shoot Jake's but this was too good not to.
We set up on a bunch of birds and they headed towards a field away from us.  So we circled to a road leading to the field and crawled up enough so that I could stick a Jake fan up again just like yesterday.  There were 8 birds together and as soon as they saw the fan they all came right over.  Strutting the whole way the whole flock until they got 15 yards.  That's when we saw that they were all Jake's.   They gobbled like crazy right in front of us and I told both my boys that this was too good not to shoot.   So bang.... One down and they stood there.... Bang!!! Two down!!   This hunt was was too exciting not to shoot them.  Another great hunt with Pop!!!   So glad he's here with us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

AppalachianHollers

They ain't got a chance against y'all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lacire

Muzzy61

Congrats. sounds like a great hunt.

JeffC

Congrats to the young men!! Super Jakes.. want to gobble and strut like a big bird.. get shot like a big bird. Is your father or you up next? Your season opens this weekend ?

Spellnj3

Quote from: JeffC on April 05, 2022, 11:55:53 AM
Congrats to the young men!! Super Jakes.. want to gobble and strut like a big bird.. get shot like a big bird. Is your father your up next?

I wish he was but unfortunately its youth week.  He only wants to watch the kids shoot.