OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Boss Tom or Apex Ninja?

Started by NightHawk24, April 03, 2022, 06:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightHawk24

I have a Stoeger M3020 with a Jebs .565 and was trying to see which ammo would be the best. I've narrowed it down to either the Boss Tom #9 or Apex Ninja's #8.5's. Just wondering what opinions you guys would happen to have. Thanks!

Gmed

Never tried the Boss but the Ninja has thrown lights out patterns in about everything I have tried it in....

lacire

Never tried the Boss Tom shells but at 2oz of #9 shot it would generate quite a bit more recoil in my light weight 20ga. I use the Apex GT20 1 5/8oz #9 and have been really happy with that load, I believe the Apex Ninja #8.5 would give the same results with just a few less pellets which I doubt you'll miss.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

ShortMagFan

Quote from: Gmed on April 03, 2022, 10:26:48 PM
Never tried the Boss but the Ninja has thrown lights out patterns in about everything I have tried it in....

Im the exact opposite - never tried the ninja but boss Tom shoots great for me out of 2 different guns/chokes

I think you just need to shoot them both and decide which you like best.

I haven't noticed an difference in recoil

lacire

YMMV, here's an on line shotgun recoil energy calculator if anyone is interested.

http://www.omahamarian.org/trap/shotshellenergy.html

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

DMTJAGER

Holly crapola
Do my 12ga 3.5" 2oz #5 WLBXR's really generate 48.6lbs of felt recoil?

BINK McCARTY

Quote from: DMTJAGER on April 25, 2022, 08:04:52 PM
Holly crapola
Do my 12ga 3.5" 2oz #5 WLBXR's really generate 48.6lbs of felt recoil?

It's actually more than that.

Greg Massey

I just got some of the Boss Tom, 9 shots, but I'm waiting on my Turlock 585 ported choke ... some of the patterns with the 565 was just too tight of a choke ..

bwhana

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 03, 2022, 08:29:38 PM
I just got some of the Boss Tom, 9 shots, but I'm waiting on my Turlock 585 ported choke ... some of the patterns with the 565 was just too tight of a choke ..
That's a very wise move based on my experience with them! Let us know how they perform in that constriction.

Bamaslayer757

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 03, 2022, 08:29:38 PM

I shootin a .585 Trulock ported. Please post a pattern as I'm very interested in the results as well

DocHolliday