OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Real Hen Talk this Morning

Started by gergg, April 02, 2022, 08:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gergg

I was out scouting this morning on some public land when I found myself 75 yards from a flock pitching down from the roost. I missed recording the gobbles earlier, but managed to record(poorly I might add) some hen talk as they were gathering after hitting the ground. Figures a plane flew over during the best segment, but you can still hear them yelping a bit. Always interests me hearing real hens as their cadence is important to note. Also, I never hear hens talking on this piece of public, so it was surprising to me.

https://soundcloud.com/user-693889955/real-hens?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Will

This is good stuff! It is amazing listening to the real thing, especially their cadence and volume. Sounded like she was "over calling", and yet people will say don't call to much. I have a recording of birds feeding below my deer stand one evening and the subtle small talk was amazing. Purrs and yelps, all stuff you wouldn't hear if they were 30 yards from you.

gergg

Quote from: Will on April 02, 2022, 09:12:35 AM
This is good stuff! It is amazing listening to the real thing, especially their cadence and volume. Sounded like she was "over calling", and yet people will say don't call to much. I have a recording of birds feeding below my deer stand one evening and the subtle small talk was amazing. Purrs and yelps, all stuff you wouldn't hear if they were 30 yards from you.
It was pretty cool, there were a few kee-keeing before I got the recorder going. The gobbler with this group started sounding off early 6:40am, but he quit once they hit the ground. She was calling fast and often until they found each other, then all quiet again.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Zobo

I have noticed that most people yelp too slowly most of the time. Dan Wittenberg pointed that out to me a few years ago. But I mix it up, fast sometimes and slower at other times, excited yelps, assembly style, good ole plain yelps.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14