OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Devotional Friday 6/10 When all else fails and your at the end of the rope, just

Started by BOFF, June 10, 2011, 01:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Ever had a situation where you are at the end of your rope? Things just don't seem to make sense, regardless of which angle you look at things? You've tried everything, and it just hasn't worked out, and you don't know what to do. Maybe it's a relationship with another, yourself, or with God,? Maybe it's your work, or maybe it's just life in general? What are we to do? God gives us the secret to success. Simply put, but often so hard for us to do, just love.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8
GOD'S WORD Translation (GW)

4Love is patient. Love is kind. Love isn't jealous. It doesn't sing its own praises. It isn't arrogant. 5It isn't rude. It doesn't think about itself. It isn't irritable. It doesn't keep track of wrongs. 6It isn't happy when injustice is done, but it is happy with the truth. 7Love never stops being patient, never stops believing, never stops hoping, never gives up.

8Love never comes to an end.

I challenge you to look at the situation you are dealing with, where your rope is at the end, and check off the above verses 4- 8, which have been done. I personally have trouble with 5b. "It doesn't think about itself." and 7a "Love never stops being patient". With time constraints, and today's society, it's easy to fall into the "I-ism" and "want it now" modes. So often, I also find I haven't done all I can do, just because I'm trying to control the situation, or I have alterior motives, like selfishness or anger, which don't parallel God's plans. It's when I adjust these motives by seeking the Lord's will, and let go of the situations I want to control, when things start falling into place, and my rope coils up neatly.

Jesus, I praise your sweet and precious name. I thank you for my salvation I have through you, and the many blessings of family, health, friends, and peace in my life. Help us to let go of the selfishness which clouds our view of your will. Guide us with the Holy Spirit, giving us knowledge, and the wisdom to use it, to deal with the situations where our ropes are short. May we be a blessing to your kingdom in the works we do, using the strengths, talents, and skills given to us, to glorify your name. Thank you for your Word, and the simple but effective message of love. May your will be done.

For it is in Jesus name we ask, and claim these things, Amen!

The Holy Spirit spoke to me and asked me to add this to complete the message. Please continue with the below link.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,10832.new.html#new

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

BOFF