turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Reverse engineering loads

Started by TCman, January 21, 2024, 12:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TCman

With some companies offering 1 5/8 and 1 3/4 oz 28 gauge, for example, but nobody willing to share tss recipes, why not buy a shell, cut it open, and see the recipe? Im aware they may have access to proprietary powders, but you could make an educated guess, assemble a few, and send them off for testing.

I still dont understand why people dont share data.

BandedSpur

I still don't understand why you don't just buy some shot from a reputable supplier and get the data. Easy peasy.

runngun

There's plenty of folks who will give you the recipes, WHEN you buy your shot they will provide you with recipes. I have never had a problem getting them. I ordered my stuff from Ronnie Savage!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

BandedSpur

As mentioned, Ronnie Savage, Hal Abbot, Tommy Duliba

PharmHunter

Quote from: BandedSpur on January 22, 2024, 07:05:29 AM
I still don't understand why you don't just buy some shot from a reputable supplier and get the data. Easy peasy.

Exactly.

runngun

Do you have the recipe for Kentucky Fried Chicken?  Of course you don't.  The Guys who sell the TSS shot have worked to develop their loads and that's a lot of time and work.  They also send loads out for pressure testing. Everything adds up to money. 
I have cut open a LOT of shotgun shells but only if I want to double check the pellet weight and count. I would absolutely percent NEVER try to guess what powder they use. That is a gamble I am not going to bet on. I like hearing and seeing to well. Also I might have a itch that I want to scratch!!!! 

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

28 gauge Hunter

Like said above , buy from a reputable seller and he will give you load info . I have got plenty from Hal Abbots loads