OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Battery Stuck to FF3 Battery Compartment Cap  (Read 1320 times)

Offline ElkTurkMan

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Battery Stuck to FF3 Battery Compartment Cap
« on: March 30, 2022, 11:50:41 AM »
I wanted to change the battery on My Burris FF3 and the battery is stuck to the battery compartment cap.  Has anyone had this happen and if so any suggestions on  to separate the battery from the cap, without damaging the cap? 

Offline hootgobbleyelpgobble

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
Re: Battery Stuck to FF3 Battery Compartment Cap
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 02:52:26 PM »
In the past all I had to use was in instrumentation screw driver or razor blade to remove the battery. It wasn't really stuck too bad.

Offline FL-Boss

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2022, 03:40:19 PM »
normal on all of my FF3 - just stick a razor blade in between.. old battery will pop off. When you replace the battery, I have found the Duracell works best in regards to getting the cap to screw down. A lot of people have trouble getting the cap back on.. some of the battery brands have very slightly different tolerances is all I can think of. Duracell always works for me..

Online Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2022, 08:32:19 PM »
normal on all of my FF3 - just stick a razor blade in between.. old battery will pop off. When you replace the battery, I have found the Duracell works best in regards to getting the cap to screw down. A lot of people have trouble getting the cap back on.. some of the battery brands have very slightly different tolerances is all I can think of. Duracell always works for me..

X2 on the Duracell, they even recommend that brand. A small mini screw driver will pop the battery free…..
“Solo hunter”

Offline ElkTurkMan

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2022, 02:10:13 PM »
Thanks Guys for the input, its greatly appreciated!