Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

If this sells will it change Call Collecting forever?

Started by Tom007, March 28, 2022, 12:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Quote from: wchadw on March 28, 2022, 06:38:50 PM
Quote from: Tom007 on March 28, 2022, 06:34:07 PM
The #3000 plus call was shown in Completed/Sold items. When it gets listed there, the deal is done, the buyer got paid.
I've had items (no turkey calls) where buyer never paid and I had to relist it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I noticed on some things that I sold that until I got paid, it did not show up on the Sold Items. There are instances where some people win a bid, and do not pay. EBay will then direct a seller to relist the item.
"Solo hunter"

Moh20

If a guy pays 5k for it I hope he's got a good divorce attorney.

ChesterCopperpot

I doubt we'll see the pot call market ever explode the way the trumpet market has, at least not in any sustained fashion. That said, most of the trumpets that shot high last year were only selling about twice what I would have considered them worth. The Spec 1 I would've assumed anywhere from $300-$500 depending on condition and how much you wanted one. So selling for five times that is significant. Asking ten times that may be as well, but even if it sells I doubt it marks any major turning point where other calls (say a Corder pot or something) sell for two or three grand. I don't have that kind of money for calls in the first place but if I did there are a few yelpers I'd pay that for. Would love to have a Farmer for instance. But I'd never go there on a pot. I don't consider them significant the way I would something like a Farmer yelper. Plenty of pots to be had sub $75 that absolutely smoke. I've lucked out so far in that most the makers I collect haven't been paraded in front of the bozos yet. I tend to keep those names to myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowguy

Guys there's really stupid people out there but this might even be too stupid for them

nitro

Royal Slam 2008

Tarheel

This is an effort to drive the market...and make some quick $$. This isn't new. I could give you examples from the past. Marketing works, and this is marketing...and it will be effective. Only time will tell to what degree.

Rtr1987

I had been watching Ebay for a while for a Cody call, there were usually 2-3 on there. Then someone posted here about the $5K Cody listed and there are a ton of Cody calls listed now. I think a lot of us quietly went digging through our calls to find any old Codys lol.

jrinny

This may be old news to some .... I read a post on a Facebook group that Bill was apologizing for his new shop being behind schedule on being completed. From what I took out of it- he will fill orders once his new shop is completed and up and running. If that is the case - buyers of these calls at that inflated level will have a lot of money into a call that is possibly readily available.

longbow2240

It's crazy how many Cody's have hit the bay within the last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tom007

2 Knight & Hale Silver Queen Slate calls sold together brand new in package for $625.00. This is insane, but this is where we are in the call selling arena........Wow
"Solo hunter"

Zobo

Quote from: Tom007 on April 01, 2022, 09:55:21 PM
2 Knight & Hale Silver Queen Slate calls sold together brand new in package for $625.00. This is insane, but this is where we are in the call selling arena........Wow

See, now this is getting weird. :z-dizzy:
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

longbow2240

Quote from: jrinny on April 01, 2022, 01:11:57 PM
This may be old news to some .... I read a post on a Facebook group that Bill was apologizing for his new shop being behind schedule on being completed. From what I took out of it- he will fill orders once his new shop is completed and up and running. If that is the case - buyers of these calls at that inflated level will have a lot of money into a call that is possibly readily available.
I read and was told that they would be back up and running this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

toneloc

I know I have a Cody striker from my Dad, no clue if he has the pot.  Why are these Cody calls going for so much?  Guess I don't know the history of them...

Tom007

Quote from: toneloc on April 06, 2022, 08:13:51 PM
I know I have a Cody striker from my Dad, no clue if he has the pot.  Why are these Cody calls going for so much?  Guess I don't know the history of them...

Supply/demand I believe. Cody is closed, building a new building that is not complete yet from what I hear. Hopefully they will reopen. In the meantime, people are scrambling to buy their calls at ridiculous prices.....
"Solo hunter"