OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
DC Cattle Ranch

Author Topic: When do you load your gun?  (Read 1762 times)

Offline ejhandler

Re: When do you load your gun?
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2022, 10:44:05 AM »
At gobble time, I'll load up at the truck before slipping into the woods.  If I'm making a major hike to a new area, sometimes I will unload (usually just when terrain is tough or woods are thick) until I am at the new location and plan to start hunting.

Offline wchadw

• Longbeard
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2022, 11:28:12 AM »
When I walk into the woods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Hoytboy247

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2022, 02:12:57 PM »
I usually load up at the truck and carry my gun without a sling.  If i am going with kids guns are loaded when we sit down just as an extra precaution. I’ll unload when back in sight of the truck or walking back.  When i say unload i mean i take the shell out of the chamber and keep the tube full.  My father was attacked by a group of pitbulls while walking from the truck in the dark and says if he hadn’t of been loaded he probably wouldn’t still be here.

Online Yoder409

• Double Beard
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2022, 02:53:22 PM »
I load up last thing before I leave the truck and start walking to wherever it is I'm going.
The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time on the day he wants to die.

CowHunter71

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2022, 09:27:56 AM »
I load my shotgun opening morning of Turkey Season at the truck. I hunt everyday of my Spring and Fall Seasons, on Public Ground close to the house. It stays loaded between my center console and passenger seat until my last walk out on the last day of season. Shells are added as needed to always keep the count at 3.