OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Bad pic of a good thing  (Read 798 times)

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
Bad pic of a good thing
« on: March 24, 2022, 08:31:07 AM »
Went out this morning to listen.   

Heard a bunch as soon as I got outta my truck.  They were across the valley.  In a place where I've killed a good number of spring birds.  Walked out across a big field from the truck was and heard at least a pair down over the steep woods off the other side of the field.  Walked back around to glass another big field and headed to the truck.  The two birds from the steep hill had nmade it up into the field and were coming......maybe 125 yards around the corner !!  I had to hop in and scram.   Drove down out of the woods and took the dirt road toward home.  Got just past the Yoderland property line and saw a gob of birds in a field.   At least 8 strutters and 3 longbeards.  No idea how many hens.  There were big spruce trees concealing a bunch of the flock.  But there were a bunch.  These were the birds I heard first thing this morning across the valley from where I parked.

Apologies for the crappy, zoomed in cell phone pic.

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
Re: Bad pic of a good thing
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 09:26:23 AM »
At least one of them Tomato Waddlers is in big trouble   :turkey2:
“Solo hunter”

Offline zsully

Re: Bad pic of a good thing
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 09:04:23 PM »
Yeah I would say that’s something to get excited about!!!!