OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite mass-production call

Started by Cutt, March 24, 2022, 08:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Mad Super Crystal, it was my first call and I still have one.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Jester87

coonhunter

Primos power crystal!  I have killed a pile of birds using this call!!
Joshua 24:15

btomlin

HS Lil Deuce slate/glass and dbl glass.  I have both and they are my "crutch" when things get tough.

greentrout

Primos Battey World Class slate and a Lynch Gobble Box
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

TurkinTone

2x Primos Heart Breaker original

grayfox

WildTigerTrout

Wayne Carlton's "Copper Pot".  It is raspy and nasty.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

3bailey3

Some very nice calls mentioned, I thought I had replied to this but i guess not, Primos Battey..

Wvgobbler

Woodhaven cherry classic crystal and the vision crystal.

dzsmith

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on March 24, 2022, 10:05:21 AM
I'm gonna go a little different here and choose a locator call. Woodhaven makes the best crow call I've ever run. I've got some great custom crow calls but there's just something about the tone of the Woodhaven. From a gobbler perspective I don't think it matters. But from a calling in crows perspective (something real useful in helping elicit shock gobbles free of charge), that Woodhaven is flat untouchable. I keep trying to find a custom that will out run it and I haven't found one yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you ever tried a darrel gibson crow call?
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

dzsmith

thats a tough one. I dont have any mass produced calls in my vest, but at this point in history being everybody and their mother is a custom call maker now , it makes this a tough decision. I kill turkeys with a variety of calls, as far as mass production in my lifetime more have probably died to a lynch fool proof, but its been years since ive used mine and i swap box calls in and out of my vest regularly, i just never quite make it down to the lynch. i have a couple of heart breakers, but they are collectors, i have several vintage signed dick kirby calls but once again they are collectos. i have the battleship....collector, i have actually have used it once and killed a turkey with it.  I have a mad boom box, sanded it down, did a little work to it, and refinished it. its a killing machine. bought it on clearance for 5 bucks...actually bought 5 of them and kept the best sounding one after working on it.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

runngun

Lohman Thunderdome

Anything by Preston Pittman especially his "scratch bag"

"Screamin Demon"

Have a good one
Bo

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Lynch fool proof 101 box call made in Liberty Miss.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

jb1069

Heartbreaker....They answer this call when nothing else works.