turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite mass-production call

Started by Cutt, March 24, 2022, 08:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutt

Just curious what everyone's favorite mass-produced call has been over the years?

One of my favorites is the very basic Lynch Jet Slate.

Tyoung

rakkin6

Is Halloran considered mass produced? If so than Halloran pot calls, if not than Woodhaven Cherry Crystal.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

HFultzjr

rakkin6

Quote from: HFultzjr on March 24, 2022, 09:07:17 AM
Primos Box Cutter single side
I have this call and it is very good also.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Tom007

Primos Battleship in a box, Cody Spec 1 in pot call. Cody used to be somewhat mass produced, but now due to vey limited production they seem to be heading toward custom, not mass produced.
"Solo hunter"

ChesterCopperpot

I'm gonna go a little different here and choose a locator call. Woodhaven makes the best crow call I've ever run. I've got some great custom crow calls but there's just something about the tone of the Woodhaven. From a gobbler perspective I don't think it matters. But from a calling in crows perspective (something real useful in helping elicit shock gobbles free of charge), that Woodhaven is flat untouchable. I keep trying to find a custom that will out run it and I haven't found one yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Lohman Thunderdome slate with its carbon striker ...

Big Jeremy

Anything DH if they are considered mass produced. If not, either a Woodhaven cherry classic crystal, or a K&H moonshiner.

callmakerman

Primo's heritage series slate and aluminum trough calls.

paboxcall

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

rakkin6

I have a Primos Ol Glory that I carry everytime out. They don't make them anymore it is one of the Frictionite calls. Killed my first two turkeys with it. Love that call.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Lucky Goose

The primos power crystal and the purpleheart striker it came with (no, I never have lost it even after 20 years!). 

It's been with me literally since day-1.  It has to constantly be conditioned and sounds like the world is falling apart if you knock anything against that plastic pot but it's awful nostalgic for me.

Moh20

Penn Woods Tom Turpin yelper and Primos Lil Heartbreaker

EastKyGobblerSlayer

Quote from: callmakerman on March 24, 2022, 11:04:35 AM
Primo's heritage series slate and aluminum trough calls.
You know I'm a big fan of those, the Super aluminum is always in my front bib pocket. I just acquired a prototype from when they first setup to make them.

My favorite to answer OP's question is pretty much any Battey designed pot Primos has produced and for boxes the Lil Heartbreaker or Battleship are tough to beat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk