turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

16 gauge turkey ammo recommendations?

Started by topnotch, January 13, 2023, 11:08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topnotch

Does anyone have recommendations for a turkey load for 16 gauge shotgun ? Haven't seen much offered.

CALLM2U

skimerhorn

PennBirdy

For lead, I've been seeing federal pheasant loads on the shelves. I believe they are 1 1/8 oz loads

jordanz7935

I've used the apex and foxtrot tss loads in my 870... highly recommend either. I prefer #8 but #9 works great too.

Tom007

As mentioned above, Apex has a real good TSS Turkey load, 1 5/8 oz shot in a 2 3/4 load. Over 1,100 feet per second. #7's pattern real well with a  .600 constriction choke. Good luck
"Solo hunter"

PalmettoRon

Apex is out at the present, but should have some soon. Foxtrot if emailed can generally get whatever is not currently available, in very short order.

Foxtrot offers a 1 7/8 oz load. I was impressed with that load in #9 with a Sumtoy choke on the pattern board. Been hunting the last 3 years with mostly a 28 and .410, but have never taken a bird with a 16, so want to take a few birds with that gauge just because.

10gaugemag

Quote from: PennBirdy on January 21, 2023, 11:59:24 AM
For lead, I've been seeing federal pheasant loads on the shelves. I believe they are 1 1/8 oz loads
Looking at the Federal Prarie Storms FS myself, stuck with a modified choke for now.  Flitecontrol wads and copper plated #6. No reason as long as they pattern fine a guy shed be able to kill turkeys to 30 yards.

runngun

Foxtrot ammo!!!! I ordered 28 gauge "CherryBombs" last Wednesday and I got them on Monday!!! And they're bad to the bone!!!

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

topnotch

Been unable to get Apex, will check out foxtrot. Thanks