OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Pellet count of 12ga 3.5" #5 WLBXR's  (Read 1465 times)

Offline DMTJAGER

Pellet count of 12ga 3.5" #5 WLBXR's
« on: March 20, 2022, 10:52:16 PM »
Was wondering if anyone ever took apart a 12ga 3.5" Winchester Long Beard XR shell with 2oz's of #5 shot and did a pellet count.

I always wanted to, but they've gotten so hard to come by the last two seasons I didn't want to sacrifice 2-3 shells to do a accurate count and ae hoping someone else already did when they were available OTC with regularity.

I know there are charts of how many #5 lead shot are per ounce, but the shot lock polymer has to take up some space and result in fewer pellets.

Offline DMTJAGER

Re: Pellet count of 12ga 3.5" #5 WLBXR's
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 05:47:43 PM »
Well made a mistake thinking for reasons that escape me that the 2oz payload included the polymer packing, when it doesn't. It literally is 2oz of #5 shot or 314 pellet's.

Offline crow

• Double Beard
Re: Pellet count of 12ga 3.5" #5 WLBXR's
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 06:29:51 PM »
Well made a mistake thinking for reasons that escape me that the 2oz payload included the polymer packing, when it doesn't. It literally is 2oz of #5 shot or 314 pellet's.

I was wondering about this, does it say that on the box or did you take one apart for a pellet count