OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Team Scattered flock is on the board ( or will be)

Started by Muzzy61, March 19, 2022, 09:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muzzy61

I was able to take one here in North Florida this morning. I'll post the measurement pictures tomorrow.
I'm not feeling real good, think i have a bladder or kidney infection going on.

The bird was 16.44 lbs. He was actually double bearded, 9.5" and 4.5" and spurs were around 1".

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

JeffC

Awesome job!!  Dont mess around with getting sick, go get checked out, your body is telling you something is wrong. Looking forward to the story when you feel better. Again Congrats.

AppalachianHollers

Way to go, Muzzy! Get well soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lacire

Congratulations, what a beautiful looking Tom.......... and the Scattered Flock are off and running.

HillclimberWV

Muzzy61

Thanks for all the well wishes. I feel a little better today. Turned out to be a bladder infection. They prescribed me some antibiotics today, so hopefully they will kick in. I've got a buddy from Kentucky and his boss coming in tonight to hunt all next week.

As far has the hunt yesterday at the last minute A buddy from the club and I decided to hunt together.
Because of all the water we decided to set up on an intersection where two roads form a Tee, it's about 100 yards from a field that butts up to the club. The birds like to make their way to the field and sometimes uses the intersection when dry as a strut zone. We didn't hear anything on the roost. We took turns calling and around 8:00 one finally answered my Lonnie Sneed Hot Hen. He gobbled one more time and then went silent. About 10 minuets later he came sneaking down the road toward me. At about 60 yards he saw something he didn't like. He got nervous and walked into the pines and started working around me. My buddy did a couple of soft yelps and he came back to the edge of the pines giving me a small opening at 25 yards and I was able to make the shot.
I didn't realize he was double bearded until I got him back to the truck. My first one.

Not the most memorable hunt, but they are all good and gets the season started.

JeffC

Glad you are feeling better, Pictures look awesome congratulations again and congrats on 1st double beard. I never have taken a multiple beard Tom either, double spur Tom but no multiple beards.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Spladle160

Nice looking bird! Glad your feeling better. Have any kitchen plans for him?

Muzzy61

Quote from: Spladle160 on March 21, 2022, 07:29:11 AM
Nice looking bird! Glad your feeling better. Have any kitchen plans for him?
Thanks. Probably have some turkey nuggets this weekend. ????

JeffC

Spellnj3

tanna114

Congratulations!!! That is super awesome about the double beard! I've never had a double beard myself either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk