turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

calling coyotes

Started by kelley91, March 19, 2022, 05:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelley91

thanks for the predator control forum Shannon. i am new at calling coyotes. Any suggestions would be a big help. i have a Lucky Duck Rebel

Yoder409

I'm FAR from an expert on the subject.  Only ever called and killed a few.  I have a FoxPro Patriot, which seenms to be similar to your setup. 

I don't have a kill light setup or night vision scope yet.  So I like to get set up in the dark in the morning and start calling as soon as I can see enough to shoot 50 yards.  I usually use a rabbit distress sound.  Start quiet........gradually louder.  Keep your head on a swivel...........and have a rest/shooting stick for your gun.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

kelley91

thanks-----Do you use any kind of  spray to kill your smell?

Yoder409

Quote from: kelley91 on April 03, 2022, 04:39:08 AM
thanks-----Do you use any kind of  spray to kill your smell?

Nope.  But I kinda know which way the coyotes are going to come from and setup with the wind in my face.  I'm in an area where I can keep them from circling downwind unseen.

I have also hunted from elevated stands, too.  Some of our deer stands work well for 'yote calling.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.