OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tristar Viper G2 Threads

Started by michiganoutdoorsman, March 18, 2022, 07:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michiganoutdoorsman

So my buddy said that the Tristar Viper G2 takes the Benelli/Beretta Mobil choke tubes. I'm looking for a new aftermarket choke for my .410. Not sure if I'll use it this year or not for turkeys since I love my Franchi Affinity 3 20 gauge so much. But my buddy swears by shooting turkeys with a .410 and I have a ton of TSS shells for it. Just wanted to hear your guys' thoughts. Thanks!

squirrel_hunter

I am using a Indian creek. 385 out of my mossberg SA 410ga TSS turkey gun.  Same gun as the tristar G2 viper 410.  The carlson tss patterns very well also. I have a factory xfull choke came with gun. But never used it. Mossberg sa 410ga takes beretta chokes too. But my mossberg 500 410 TSS turkey gun takes browning invector chokes.  I would like to try the Indian creek. 390 in it.

michiganoutdoorsman

I ended up going with a Sumtoy Customs .380 choke. Sumtoy himself recommended that constricted. I'm excited to see what it'll do when I pattern it, I just got it today. If it patterns anything like the .562 I got from him I'll be a happy man. He's an awesome guy who is very helpful with answering all the questions I had. If I ever shoot a 12 gauge again for turkeys (probably will never happen) I'll need to add another Sumtoy to the arsenal. Love the company and their products!

Upfold99

Let us know how the .380 does. I had another brand .380 and was not impressed. I was considering trying an IC 390.

Right now, comp n choke .385 is what ive been hunting with.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

WV Ridge Reaper

You will either love it,wrap it around the tree or buy another one because your so crazy about making it work for you.

IC 380 has done well for me as has the jebs xxfull...I'm with you on the sumtoy chokes..not sure why I don't have one for the 410 yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michiganoutdoorsman

This is the result at 20. I shot a bit left at 30 and I imagine it would still be great at 40. Tristar Viper G2 .410, Sumtoy Customs .380, Apex 27/32 9.5's. I'd say it's a dead gobbler. If I end up taking a picture of my 30 yard spread I'll post that too. Hoping everything pans out and I have a dead tom this year with a .410!