Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

A Request

Started by Spellnj3, March 14, 2022, 08:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spellnj3

I have a request and since this is the team I'm on I wanted to put it here.   My 15 year old son and I started learning taxidermy a year ago.  We are always looking for animals to mount.   If anyone gets a turkey this year that they would want to donate to us it would be greatly appreciated.   I have a UPS account so I could send you a shipping label.   All you would have to do is freeze it, box it and drop it off at UPS.

Always looking for foxes too if anyone gets a chance to shoot one during turkey season. 
Thanks guys!!

My son and I appreciate it.
Steve
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

JeffC

will gladly ship some of the fox and maybe..hopefully a coyote or 4. If you are just looking at practice on a turkey, will gladly ship a Tom with missing beard and spurs to you. Have kept all the spurs, fans and beards from my harvests.

Spellnj3

Quote from: JeffC on March 14, 2022, 08:45:39 PM
will gladly ship some of the fox and maybe..hopefully a coyote or 4. If you are just looking at practice on a turkey, will gladly ship a Tom with missing beard and spurs to you. Have kept all the spurs, fans and beards from my harvests.

Works for me, thanks Jeff!!

Spladle160

Do you do anything special while cleaning them if your going to taxidermy them? I usually pluck the breast some which would obviously be avoided then just peel back the skin on the breast and filet them out.

Spellnj3

Quote from: Spladle160 on March 22, 2022, 02:40:51 PM
Do you do anything special while cleaning them if your going to taxidermy them? I usually pluck the breast some which would obviously be avoided then just peel back the skin on the breast and filet them out.

I usually remove the wings and legs then skin them with minimal amount of skin cutting.  Makes it easier when putting it back together.  Less sewing to do.