Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

2022 Story Thread

Started by Delmar ODonnell, March 16, 2022, 03:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Amen team. Great job. We are in it till the end. Great stories, fantastic pics. Proud to be a part of this journey with you all.........thanks for including me.....
"Solo hunter"

zsully

Well went back after the three amigos this morning. Got in and set up early thinking I would be right under them. Well long story short. Their hen was there but the three gobblers were over on the other side of the valley......you know, where Adam and I were yesterday. These birds have my number lately and work is really getting in the way of my turkey hunting. I really hate walking away from gobbling birds.

Yoder409

Quote from: zsully on May 24, 2022, 09:57:56 PM
Well went back after the three amigos this morning. Got in and set up early thinking I would be right under them. Well long story short. Their hen was there but the three gobblers were over on the other side of the valley......you know, where Adam and I were yesterday. These birds have my number lately and work is really getting in the way of my turkey hunting. I really hate walking away from gobbling birds.

Today's ANOTHER day for one of them to die.    :icon_thumright:

GOOD LUCK, Z !!!!! 
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tom007

Good luck my friend. Lots of hens yesterday, hung around me for 2 hours. 8 total. Heard a distant gobble, but he never showed. Gonna give it one last shot Tuesday, last day.....we will see...
"Solo hunter"

Mossyguy

Good luck...my season has been over since the 1st week of April and it's been great reading everyone's stories. Just been fishing some and doing work around the property to pass the time!

Tom007

Amen brother, gonna go Sunday and Tuesday. Last hurrah. It's will be sad to put the gear away.......always a somber day......
"Solo hunter"