OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: calling coyotes  (Read 1478 times)

Offline kelley91

calling coyotes
« on: March 19, 2022, 05:03:05 AM »
thanks for the predator control forum Shannon. i am new at calling coyotes. Any suggestions would be a big help. i have a Lucky Duck Rebel

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
Re: calling coyotes
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 12:49:41 PM »
I'm FAR from an expert on the subject.  Only ever called and killed a few.  I have a FoxPro Patriot, which seenms to be similar to your setup. 

I don't have a kill light setup or night vision scope yet.  So I like to get set up in the dark in the morning and start calling as soon as I can see enough to shoot 50 yards.  I usually use a rabbit distress sound.  Start quiet........gradually louder.  Keep your head on a swivel...........and have a rest/shooting stick for your gun.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline kelley91

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2022, 04:39:08 AM »
thanks-----Do you use any kind of  spray to kill your smell?

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2022, 09:08:50 PM »
thanks-----Do you use any kind of  spray to kill your smell?

Nope.  But I kinda know which way the coyotes are going to come from and setup with the wind in my face.  I'm in an area where I can keep them from circling downwind unseen.

I have also hunted from elevated stands, too.  Some of our deer stands work well for 'yote calling.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.